The semester is quickly coming to an end, with group projects, exams, and final papers starting to pile up. While as Honors students it may feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to complete everything, it is important to remember to continue to take care of ourselves. It is easy to get overwhelmed, but allowing yourself a second to breathe is a must. Here are four easy and quick self-care activities for finals to help make you ready to succeed during this upcoming week.

Get a Breath of Fresh Air

With more bright and sunny days ahead of us, it is nice to be able to step away from our screens for a bit. Go for a short walk to clear and reset your mind, or even just step outside for a moment to enjoy the world around us. When I am feeling stressed, I like to go sit out on my porch (or on the Green if I’m on campus!) and just relax my eyes for a couple of minutes. It really helps me feel refreshed and ready to tackle my next assignment!

Have a Mini Dance Party

Since we’re on Zoom, I have created a little pre-exam tradition. I like to listen to one of my favorite feel-good songs and dance around my room singing along. Being able to just jump around and forget about my worries is such a freeing feeling. Take the time to put on your favorite music and have a party inside your bedroom to destress from your assignments and exams.

Grab Your Favorite Food

There is nothing better after doing tons of studying than having a delicious meal. Whether it’s whipping up a quick meal in the kitchen or ordering takeout from your favorite restaurant, it gives you something to look forward to at the end of a long day! Recently, I have reignited my love for baking and have been trying many new recipes. If you’ve been craving sweets, here’s one of my favorites, a brownie in a mug.

Ingredients:

¼ cup of sugar

¼ cup of flour

Pinch of salt

2 tbsp vegetable oil

¼ cup water

2 tbsp cocoa

¼ tsp vanilla 

• Pour in and mix the dry ingredients together in a mug
  • Add in the wet ingredients and mix again 
  • Put in the microwave for 1-2 minutes
  • Enjoy!

Do Something You Love

While it may feel like you’re not using your time wisely, the best way to get yourself focused, especially after studying for hours, is to take a break to do something else. Take this time to do something you are passionate about, something that will make you laugh, something that will let your mind take a break from school. This can be as simple as scrolling through TikTok laughing at different videos, reading a book, or watching an episode of your favorite TV series. The best way to be ready for finals is not only through preparing by reading over notes and reviewing information, but by decreasing your stress levels so that you can ensure your success.

Photo Credit: energepic.com from Pexels 

https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-sitting-in-front-of-macbook-313690/