There’s something amazing about writing. I love being able to choose words to paint pictures, tell a story or comment on the world around me. Writing is the basis for so many novel ideas and intriguing stories. Ideas can be presented in so many different ways just by choosing different words. I have been writing all my life, from journalism articles, short stories and poems. Without writing, I would have a hard time expressing myself.

Because of my love of writing, I am so excited to be a new blogger for the University of Delaware Honors Program! I am a sophomore English major with a minor in journalism. I also love singing, dancing, playing the piano, spending time with friends, coffee, traveling, and being an RA in Redding Hall, where all freshman Honors students live.

One of the best parts about being in the Honors Program was living in Honors housing in Russell as a freshman. Now, being a sophomore and an RA in Redding, I get to experience living with first year Honors students but with an entirely different perspective.

My floor in Redding Hall consists of 46 ambitious Honors freshman, two Munson Fellows and myself. Each day I get to talk to Honors students and ask them about classes and activities they are involved in on campus. The plethora of things these students do amazes me. The best things about my job are learning about each freshman and helping them connect with opportunities on campus. Even though I am not a freshman myself, I still get to live in the tight-knit Honors community. Dr. Munson still has his study break nights, residents still hang out in the lounge until late hours of the night and East Campus is still the best place to be. Even though the RA job is busy and time consuming, it has opened doors to so many new opportunities

I am so appreciative to be living here in the brand new Honors dorms. I remember watching all the construction last year and seeing the building go up week by week. Little did I know I would soon get the chance to live in Redding. Sometimes students complain about all the construction we have on campus, and the hassle it creates in our daily walks to class. However, I am so glad our campus is one that is always improving. Seeing the construction makes me excited for the future. It is fun to try and envision exactly what our campus will look like in two years, in five years, or even in twenty. Even with the construction, the University of Delaware campus is beautiful. Each day I enjoy my walks down the green, admiring the beauty of the buildings and our campus.

Being an RA in Redding Hall for the new Honors freshmen has really shown me that impact the University of Delaware Honors Program has had on my college experience so far, and the potential it has to shape my future at the university. I am thrilled to start writing for the Honors blog, and use my love of writing to share my ideas and give back to this community!