About the University of Delaware
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
ELI program list
- Intensive English Program (IEP)
- Conditional Admissions Program (CAP)
- Academic Transitions (A.T.)
- Accelerated University English Program (AUEP)
- American Law & Legal English Institute (ALLEI)
- Language Adventure USA
- Summer Language and Leadership Academy (SLLA)
- Edge-ELI: The summer pre-college program
- IELTS test preparation
- Executive English Program
- Delaware EFL Teacher Training Program (DEFT)
- Master’s in teaching English as a second language (MA-TESL)
- Corporate tutoring
- Evening Program
Over 23,000 undergraduate and graduate students attend the University of Delaware. This includes over 1,000 international students from 100 different countries.
The University of Delaware has seven colleges that offer 150 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs. The English Language Institute (ELI) is an academic unit in the College of Arts and Sciences and is located on the University’s main campus in Newark, Delaware.
The University of Delaware has a reputation for excellence in many fields. Graduate programs, such as Chemical Engineering, Education, Physical Therapy, and Urban Affairs were recently ranked by US News and World Report among the very best in the country. The University’s colleges are highly accredited. This includes the ELI, which is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
The University of Delaware has been consistently viewed among the top public universities in the United States.
The following are the university’s current rankings on the US News and World Report (2018 edition):
A safe place to study
UD is ranked as one of the safest U.S. college campuses by the National Council for Home Safety and Security (2017). | Learn more ➤
Campus safety ranking
The University of Delaware is widely known to have one of the most beautiful campuses in the United States. With its traditional architecture and beautiful green spaces, our campus provides inspiration to all who visit. | Take a virtual tour ➤