TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
UD collaborates with British university to launch its UD in China experience
Now, students can begin their University of Delaware (UD) experience while living on campus at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC)—a premier university with convenient access and a dynamic campus community. Students will live at UNNC, participate in western-style student activities and cultural events, and have access to UNNC facilities.
Students will receive outstanding ELI instruction in small, live, online classes while enjoying the internationally-focused campus climate of UNNC.
UD in China (UD-IC) classes, taught by great UD professors in the U.S. are cast live. You can participate from UNNC classrooms or from your laptop. Students will receive the same outstanding instruction in live, online classes. Mentors, advisors and tutors are available live from the U.S. during convenient hours.
Who is eligible to participate?
Students enrolled in UD’s ELI Intensive English Program (IEP) classes, Graduate CAP, Pre-Academic Transitions, Academic Transitions pathway program (AT), Accelerate-U Delaware (A-UD), and other UD undergraduate students.
Why UD in China?
- Join live online UD classes from your laptop or in groups anywhere on the UNNC campus.
- Excellent UD faculty
- 60-100% synchronous classes and 1-on-1 meeting with your own advisor
- Tutoring, advising and mentors are provided and meetings scheduled on your own time
- Classes scheduled at times convenient to students
- Experience campus life, living in modern housing, eating at one of several canteens, enjoying cultural activities, and working out in the fitness center
- Virtual activities connect UD in China students to students in Newark and around the world
- UD-IC students are eligible to take one in-person class from UNNC faculty.
Life on Campus
UD-IC students will have access to UNNC facilities, including the dining halls, counseling, health services, library, student center, and fitness center. They will be fully eligible to participate in campus cultural events and to join UNNC’s 100+ student organizations and societies.
Students will have full, unrestricted internet access to all the resources they need for class.
Students will live in modern, apartment-style housing within easy walking distance of UNNC classrooms. Each apartment is fully furnished, including a built-in washer.
IEP, Graduate CAP, Pre-AT and AUEP classes will be scheduled between 8 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. (China time).
Academic Transitions classes will be scheduled 6 p.m. – 1 a.m. and 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. (China time).
About the University of Nottingham Ningbo China
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university established in China. In just 16 years, it has become one of the top public universities in the world, and China’s third largest higher education importer of international students. Based in Nottingham, United Kingdom, UNNC is ranked 99 in the QS Global World Rankings 2021. All instruction is conducted in English.
UNNC features modern, high-quality teaching and housing facilities in a beautiful, tranquil environment on 144 acres. It is an ideal place for students to pursue their studies.
A great value
By starting the UD-IC students save on the costs associated with travel and living in Newark.
|UD-IC Cost (6 months)||Amount|
|Program Fee||US $3,731|
|UD-IC Total||$6,806 + Tuition*|
- *According to the tuition for the UD program in which you are enrolled.
- 2020-2021 prices are valid until August 20, 2021 and are subject to change without notice.
- All prices are in U.S. dollars.
The costs associated with your academic program can be found on each program’s page:
Ready to register?
Are you ready to register for UD-IC?
For more information, please contact Chang “Emily” Liu.
Mandarin Chinese (native)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the deadline and method of payment
You will receive more information about how to make your payment in the coming weeks via email.
Q. What is included in the program fee?
- One offline classroom experience (“module”). Not all students will receive transferable credit, but all UD-IC students can take an elective experience
- Use of classrooms, libraries, and other open facilities to Nottingham students,
- Nottingham’s international network and data (academic journals, academic literature, Chinese and overseas),
- Student services support in Nottingham,
- Participation in all Nottingham clubs, academics, lectures, and some competitions.
Q. Can the undergraduate fees be lower?
The program fee covers the six-month duration from February 19 to August 20, 2021. Undergraduate students who choose the UD summer semester can continue to use all the services and apartments in Nottingham Ningbo, China, but the fee will not be prorated or refunded if they leave school early.
Q. For students enrolling in AT in May, can the program fee or accommodation fee be reduced or exempted?
The cost of students admitted to AT in May can not be reduced, but students can apply for a scholarship of $2,021 from the English Language Institute of the University of Delaware.
Q. What is the deadline for registration?
The deadline for registration is January 29. We can accept only 30-50 participants. Space is available on a first come first served basis.
Q. What is the start date?
The opening ceremony of the UD in China program is February 19, 2021. Students need to move into their housing on February 18, 2021.
Q. I am a current UD student. Can I apply for UD in China?
All current students, including undergraduate, AT, Pre-AT, and CAP graduate students, can apply for the UD in China program.
Q. How can I register?
Complete the registration form. You will need to log in using your UD credentials to complete the form.
Q. Can I take offline courses?
All students can take one UNNC offline academic experience (“module”), but currently, only AT1 students will receive university credit transfer.
Q. Can I rent a house by myself？
All students must live in the housing designated by UD.