The Accelerated University English Program (AUEP) is a full-service pre-academic ESL program. It addresses the needs of students who intend to pursue undergraduate or graduate degree studies in the United States upon completion of their ESL studies.
Through AUEP, students take similar courses and have similar preparation as what is seen in the Conditional Admissions Program (CAP); however, students in AUEP simply are not conditionally admitted to a CAP partner college or university. Instead, AUEP students complete our program and go on to study at many fine universities in the USA.
Sponsored students at the ELI typically enroll in AUEP in order to take advantage of the additional support and specialized classes that are made available to them through this program.
- Assistance in applying for admission to universities.
- Special courses in English for Academic Purposes and/or PreMBA
- Students in high intermediate and advanced levels are placed into cohorts (i.e., small groups) of 5-8 students who move through their English levels together, doing the same types of assignments and activities (see “CAP Cohort Model” for more information)
- Supplemental no-limit afternoon private and small group tutoring
- Study skills courses
- Extensive academic advisement, including advising from a faculty mentor
- Progress tracking and benchmarking
- Additional support in adjusting to American culture, including activities with a specially selected university student mentor who has experienced success at the university level
AUEP follows the Main ELI Calendar (click here to view calendar).
The following pricing is for each session (2 months) of study:
|Room and food (estimate)||2,400|
|Student health clinic fee (estimate)||114|
|Total estimated fees (2 months)||US$ 7,237|
Important information about prices
- All prices are in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- 2015-2016 Prices are valid for each session attended from August 24, 2015 to August 12, 2016.
- Click here to see additional fees (ex: application fee, express mail fee, etc.)
- Important note about insurance: All students who are not sponsored by a governmental organization are now required to purchase the ELI’s health insurance plan. Students may not purchase their own insurance policy to replace the ELI’s plan. Health insurance fees are non-refundable.
Some additional fees may apply, including:
|Application fee: $100||
|Express Mail fee: $35||
|Airport Transfer fee: $50 – $90||
|Late Orientation/Arrival fee: $100||
|Late Housing fee: $100||
|Late Payment fee: $50||