TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Follow the ELI on Social Media:
Welcome, New Students!
At the ELI, we work hard to meet or exceed our students’ expectations so that they have an enriching academic, professional and cultural experience. To do this, we provide our students with many resources so that they can be successful in their classes and so that they can become involved in campus life.
On this page, you will find links to information and resources that will be helpful to you while you are an ELI student.
The Current Student Website is the most important online resource for students at the ELI.
On the Current Student Website, you will find information such as:
- ELI Registrar FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Student forms
- Visa regulations and I-20 information
- ELI policies
- How to get a drivers license in Delaware
- How to open a bank account
- Vacation policy
And much more! It is very important for all ELI students to look at the Current Student Website so that they know how to find information when they need it.
As an ELI student, you have the amazing opportunity to study in one of the most respected English programs in the United States. By challenging yourself in our programs every day, you will improve your English skills and be one step closer to achieving your goals.
We know that our programs are rigorous, so we offer many resources to help our students to be successful. Information about these resources can be found below. You can also make an appointment with your ELI advisor.
Where can I live as an ELI student?
The ELI offers several housing options to students. Students can live with American families, in apartments, or in our Global Community. The housing options available to students depend on their program (because some programs have specific housing requirements). The ELI even offers housing to students who are traveling with their family!
Where can I eat while I am studying at the ELI?
There are several dining options for ELI students. Some students buy a University meal plan, while others will eat with their homestay hosts. Some students choose not to buy a meal plan and will instead cook their meals or purchase them in many cafes in the Newark area.
Setting Up Your UD email
You will access your UD email through G Suite. You will log in using your UDelNetID and password.
Your UDelNetID is the portion of your UD email before the @udel.edu. It is also sometimes called your username.
- You will receive an email asking you to create your University of Delaware account. Click on the unique link in your email and follow the instructions on the screen.
- You have seven (7) days to set up your University of Delaware email account and two-factor authentication (2FA).
- If you set up your account, but forget your password, you can create a new password at My UD Settings: Forgot My Password.
- If you need help setting up your account, 2FA or resetting your password, visit the Self-Access Learning Center (SALC) at 108 East Main Street.
Student Activities - Get Involved!
What can I do for fun in Delaware?
There are many ways to get involved in university life and in our community!
Do you want to help a friend or family member become an ELI student?
Thank you for recommending the ELI to your friends and family!
Complete the form below and ELI Admissions will contact your friends and family to help them choose the right program.