Information for Sponsors
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Accreditation and Standards
The University of Delaware English Language Institute (ELI) Intensive English Program (IEP) and Teaching English as a Foreign Language Program (DEFT) are accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) for the period August 2016 through August 2026 and agrees to uphold the CEA standards for English Language Programs.
Faculty and Staff
The ELI is one of the only Intensive English Programs in the United States to offer personal one-on-one tutoring with trained tutors in its regular “Full Program” at no extra charge.
ELI Program List
- Intensive English Program (IEP)
- Conditional Admissions Program (CAP)
- Academic Transitions (A.T.)
- Accelerated University English Program (AUEP)
- American Law & Legal English Institute (ALLEI)
- Language Adventure USA
- Summer Language and Leadership Academy (SLLA)
- Edge-ELI: The summer pre-college program
- IELTS test preparation
- Executive English Program
- Delaware EFL Teacher Training Program (DEFT)
- Master's in teaching English as a second language (MA-TESL)
- Corporate tutoring
- Evening Program
A large percentage of students enrolled at the ELI are sponsored by US and international agencies, ministries of education, corporations, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations.
This is because the University of Delaware (UD) English Language Institute has:
- A reputation for being among the best intensive English programs in the US;
- An outstanding Accelerated University English Program that provides supplemental tutoring, remedial and accelerated skill development, and advisement to help sponsored students matriculate more quickly into degree programs;
- A conditional admission program at all undergraduate and some graduate programs at UD and several other ELI network universities, permitting sponsored students a clear path to their degree through language and academic skill development unobstructed by requirements to take the TOEFL;
- Exceptional communication and support so sponsors can track the progress of their students and be made aware early of any difficulties or opportunities;
- Full orientation support to address all student needs for pre-arrival, arrival, orientation, housing, medical and counseling, academic advisement, campus activities and integration, language partners, etc.;
- A caring staff in orientation, admissions, registration, billing, and administration to meet and exceed student needs;
- Multiple housing options: homestay, university dormitory apartments, an international house on campus, and nearby off-campus furnished apartments; and
- An ideal and extremely safe location near NYC and Washington, DC to permit many sponsors easy access to their students.
Students who successfully complete our rigorous program go on to excel in degree programs, possessing the cognitive academic language proficiency and study skills necessary to be effective in their academic pursuits.
Sponsors who want to know more about ELI services for sponsored students and their funding agencies may contact: