TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
The English Language Institute (ELI) is housed on the University of Delaware campus and in several nearby annex buildings.
In ELI buildings you will find classrooms, faculty and administrative offices, and our Tutoring Center. Each classroom is equipped with wireless internet and a variety of multimedia technologies.
All buildings are within walking distance of each other.
Integrated into the University’s Newark campus
The ELI is integral part of the University of Delaware family.
Each ELI student receives a University of Delaware ID card, as well as a University email account.
With your ID card, you can access many University of Delaware facilities and services, including:
- The Student Multimedia Design Center at the Morris Library, which includes two hands-on multimedia instruction rooms, three video editing studios, a one-button studio, a graphic arts studio, and a sound studio;
- UD’s Morris Library, at the center of campus, with nearly three million books, state-of-the art technology for information retrieval;
- 3 fitness centers equipped with cardio and weight-training equipment, two indoor ice-skating rinks (for use even in the summer), an indoor and an outdoor swimming pool, turf fields, basketball, and tennis courts;
- a concert hall, two theaters, and a professional arts center with many artistic and cultural events;
- dining halls and food courts located throughout campus; and
- the free UD shuttle bus.