TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
The Pre-Academic Transitions (Pre-AT) curriculum is meant for students who need additional time to improve their English skills before beginning the Academic Transitions program.
Students in Pre-AT participate in special courses and activities that help them to build the language and academic skills needed in order to advance to AT, such as:
- Academic reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulary
- Actively participating in class discussions
- Writing academic essays using a variety of styles
Minimum English level
- When applying for the program, students who submit a TOEFL score lower than 64 or an IELTS score lower than 5.0 will be placed in Pre-AT. Learn more about placement
- Students who did not submit an accepted test score and who test into a level between beginner and high-intermediate on the ELI’s placement exam will be placed in Pre-AT.
The Pre-AT curriculum lasts 2 months for each level.
The length of time you will spend in the AT program depends on where you begin and whether you continue through AT3.
Academic Year 2021-2022
The following pricing is for each session (2 months) of study:
|Item||In Person Price||Online Price|
|Tuition||US$ 4,667||US$ 4,667|
|Room and food (estimate)||2,400||—|
|Student Wellbeing fee||176||—|
|Total estimated fees (2 months)||US$ 7,798||US$ 4,917|
More information about prices
All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.
Academic Year 2021-2022 prices are valid for each session attended from August 20, 2021 through August 19, 2022.
Important note about insurance: All students who are not sponsored by a governmental organization are now required to purchase the ELI’s health insurance plan. Students may not purchase their own insurance policy to replace the ELI’s plan. Health insurance fees are non-refundable.
Some additional fees may apply, including:
|Admissions deposit: $300||
|Express Mail fee: $35||
|Airport Transfer fee: $50 – $90||
|Late Orientation/Arrival fee: $100||
|Late Housing fee: $100||
|Late Payment fee: $50||