TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Prices for Academic year 2023-2024
Price per semester | In Person
|Housing and food (estimate)*||7,500||7,500||7,500|
|Mandatory fees and insurance||1,288||1,288||1,288|
Price per semester | Online
What if you start in Pre-AT?
The Pre-Academic Transitions (Pre-AT) curriculum is meant for students who need additional time to improve their English skills before beginning AT1.
Important notes about prices:
- 2023-2024 prices are effective from August 31, 2023.
- All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- AT3 is an optional semester. Students are expected to complete the program after AT2; however, AT3 enables students to earn important university credits at a significantly discounted rate per credit.
Important note about insurance: All students who are not sponsored by a governmental organization are now required to purchase the ELI’s health insurance plan. Students may not purchase their own insurance policy to replace the ELI’s plan. Health insurance fees are non-refundable.
Some additional fees may apply, including:
|Admissions deposit: $300||
|Express Mail fee: $65||
|Airport Transfer fee: $100 – $200||
|Late Orientation/Arrival fee: $100||
|Late Housing fee: $100||
|Late Payment fee: $50||
How many AT semesters do I have to complete?
All Academic Transitions (AT) students are expected to finish the program after successfully completing two semesters (i.e., AT1 and AT2).
Students who begin in AT2 can complete the program in 4 months! Learn more about AT level placement >
Students who meet requirements after AT2
Students who have met all of the program requirements will have 2 choices:
- They can begin full-time academic study at the University of Delaware; OR
- They can choose to continue at the ELI to complete AT3 (where they can earn an additional 12 credits).
Some students choose to continue in AT3 because it is such a good deal! See below for more information.
Students who do not meet requirements after AT2
Students who have not met all of the program requirements at the end of AT2 must enroll in AT3, where they can earn an additional 12 credits.
Save Money in AT3
The price of AT3 is an excellent value because students pay a lower cost-per-credit for the 12 credits that they can earn as part of AT3 (when compared to the cost-per-credit that full-time academic students will pay).
The table below shows the difference between the price of 12 credits in AT3 compared to the price that fully-matriculated students pay (2022-2023):*
|Item||AT3 student||UD student||Difference|
|Tuition price for 12 credits||$10,610||$17,945||$7,335|
|Tuition price per credit||$884||$1,495||$611|
AT helps students to save almost 40% of the tuition cost for courses that students must take for their degree program!
* Price is in U.S. dollars and is calculated based on 12 credits. In the 2022-2023 academic year, fully-matriculated UD students will pay the same tuition price for 12 credits or more.