Apply for AUEP
Thank you for your interest in the Accelerated University English Program (AUEP)! On this page, you will find everything you need to know in order to apply for AUEP, including:
- Application instructions
- Required documents to submit
- Application processing time
- How to ask questions
- Application terms and conditions
Please follow these instructions for the application process:
- Download and print the AUEP paper application in PDF format.
- Submit the application and all documents listed below by fax or email.
Submit the following documents with your application by fax or email:
- A copy of your passport.
- Proof of financial resources. This can take the form of a bank statement or a bank letter, and it must show the following information:
- The name of the account holder (either your name or the name of the person who will pay for the student’s studies) written in the English alphabet
- The date (the bank statement must be no more than 3 months old)
- The amount of money in your account. It must show $6,410 US (or the equivalent in your home country’s currency) for each session you will attend.
- A letter of sponsorship. Some important information:
- This is only necessary if someone else will pay for your studies.
- If your family or a friend will pay for your studies, please ask them to create and sign a letter of sponsorship.
- If your sponsor lives in the USA, the letter of sponsorship must be notarized.
- Click here to download a sample letter of sponsorship.
- Application fee and tuition deposit. All students are required to pay the application fee ($100) and tuition deposit ($75). Please download our Credit Card Authorization Form at http://www.udel.edu/eli/card_authorization_iep175.pdf and complete it.
Once all documents have been received, we will process your application and send the I-20 form to you by express mail within 1 to 2 business days (“business days” in the USA are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday only).
By submitting the application to the ELI, the applicant:
- Certifies that the information submitted on the application is correct.
- Certifies that he/she is registering for this program and that he/she is responsible for meeting all costs associated with the program.
- Gives the ELI permission to report his/her progress updates and transcripts to his/her sponsor (if applicable).
- Understands that, if he/she cancels his/her enrollment more than 30 days before my session start date, he/she will be eligible for a refund of the tuition deposit (less the express mail fee, if unpaid at the time that the application was submitted). The applicant understands that he/she will not be eligible for a refund of his/her tuition deposit until his/her original I-20 form (or DS-2019 form) is returned to the ELI.
- Understands that the ELI will not defer his/her start date more than 2 times; if the applicant attempts to change his/her start date a third time, the ELI will cancel his/her admission.
- Understands that, if he/she enters the United States using the ELI’s I-20 form and then fails to enroll at the ELI (example: if he/she transfers to a different school without attending at least 1 session at the ELI), he/she will be charged a $300 Early Withdrawal Administration Fee.
- Agrees to the ELI Refund Policy.
- Certifies that he/she has read these terms and conditions and the ELI’s housing conditions.