Virtual Tours and Museums
Experience some of the best museums around the world in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- Guggenheim Museum, New York
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- British Museum, London
- The Louvre, Paris
- Musee d’Orsay, Paris
Check out some cool places around the world from local zoos to National Parks and landmarks.
- Explore the world through the immersive settings in this list of video games.
- Explore marine science with virtual tours offered by the Delaware Sea Grant.
- Watch live streams from the National Aquarium in Baltimore or the Smithsonian’s National Zoo.
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island.
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg.
- Tour England through this 360 video.
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks.
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China.
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps.
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- Visit amusement parks, aquariums and other famous landmarks with this curated list of the best virtual tours for students.
Stay Productive and Connect Virtually
- The University of Delaware provides free access to video conferencing through Zoom for all current faculty, staff and students with an @udel.edu email address. This is a great way to “meet up” and stay connected with your friends, classmates and student organization members. Learn more about using Zoom.
- Check out UD’s tips and suggestions on how to continue your learning experience in a remote or online learning environment.
- Access course reserves and other electronic resources the Library provides to help you with your coursework.
Stay Active and Get Creative!
- UD has teamed up with Les Mills to provide FREE classes to help keep you active and working out at home. There are over 100+ workouts in formats like dance, HIIT, yoga and more!
- Take a break, get outside and explore one of the Delaware State Parks.
- Go out and take a walk on one of the many beautiful trails in Delaware.
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Start up a virtual book club. Discuss your favorite books with friends over Zoom or Skype.
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch while you’re home. Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 Musical TV Shows to watch, in between your remote classes of course!
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends.
- Watch an Opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera.
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world.