The ELI is one of the only Intensive English Programs in the United States to offer personal one-on-one tutoring with trained tutors in its regular “Full Program” at no extra charge.
Tutoring Center Web Pages:
- How tutoring works
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Find your current tutoring schedule here or by going to bit.ly/ELItutor.
- Make an appointment to change your tutoring (starts Week 1 of Session II18)
- Tutoring Evaluations for Session I18 (active: Week 5 of Session I18).
- Tutoring suggestions
- Kitchen class (tutoring cluster)
- Tutoring blog
- ELI tutors photo directory
More about tutoring…
The student and tutor together make an instructional plan which might include:
- assistance with class assignments
- work on individual problems with English
- questions about American culture
- conversation skills practice.
Our tutors come from many different backgrounds. What they all have in common is a strong English ability, a commitment to helping their students, and an interest in sharing knowledge.
You can find tutors who can help you with learning about American history and society, improving your business, legal, or academic English vocabulary, understanding American pop culture and cultural references. In addition, we have some tutors with special backgrounds such as Chemistry, Veterinary Medicine, Electrical Engineering, Linguistics, Literature, Art, Culinary Studies, Anthropology, Education, and others.
If you want to work with a tutor who has a special skill, you can come to the Tutoring Center Coordinator’s office at 108 East Main Street and make a request during the tutoring Drop/Add period; or, at the end of a session, you can make a special request for your tutoring during the next session.
Please take some time to read the ELI Tutoring Center web pages and find out what we can do for you. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you have a suggestion for us, please contact Ken Hyde, the Tutoring Center Coordinator, at Kenny@udel.edu.