ELI students are permitted to open accounts at many American banks. We recommend that students open an account at PNC Bank, a well-known banking system in the USA.
PNC Bank has locations around the USA. They have a branch in the Trabant Center on the University of Delaware campus, which is conveniently located near all ELI buildings. PNC Bank is on the first floor of the Trabant Center near the lounge and the Trabant Theatre.
Required documents and information
In order to open a bank account, ELI students must go to the location at the Trabant Center and show the bank representatives the following documents:
- University of Delaware Student ID card
The student must also provide the following information:
- Local address in the USA
- Address in the student’s home country
- Telephone number in the USA
- Email address
Benefits of having a PNC Bank account
There are many benefits to having an account at PNC Bank, including:
- It is a national bank with a large network, giving students convenient access to the money in their own accounts;
- It has a convenient location in the Trabant Center, centrally located on the UD campus;
- Account holders can receive one free wire transfer per month;
- Students can open checking and savings accounts;
- Students receive a debit card that allows them to withdraw cash at ATM machines around the USA.
For more information, please visit the PNC Bank branch in the Trabant Center from Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.