In the ELI Academic Success Centers (ASC), students can get help with homework or with studying for a test, have some quiet time to study, learn more about ELI programs, or even just take a break and have a cup of tea when they need it.
With flexible hours, students can just walk into the ASC without an appointment and get help from a friendly, knowledgeable, well-trained staff member.
For your convenience, there are two ASC locations:
- 108 East Main Street, Room 209
- 318 South College Avenue, Room 228
The ASC at 108 East Main Street is open Monday through Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The schedule for the ASC at 318 South College varies every session:
|Session||Walk-in Advising Hours||Silent Study Hours|
|Sessions I-IV (8 weeks)||12:10 p.m. to 1:10 p.m.||1:10 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Sessions V and VI (7 weeks)||12:35 p.m. to 1:35 p.m.||1:35 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
What kind of help is available at the ASCs?
The staff at the ASC can help students in many ways! For example, they can:
- Help students understand their program requirements
- Assist students with their course schedule
- Provide support for their classes
- Answer questions about applying to American universities
- Give tips about writing university application essays, statements of purpose, resumes, etc.
- Provide information about the different resources available at the ELI and at UD to help students to be successful
- Help students to understand how to apply for the Conditional Admissions Program (CAP)
- Quiet study hours – time set aside for students to come to the ASC to concentrate on their projects, books, essays, and more
- Help students with their homework or projects