Meet the Writing Fellows

Mike Axiotes

Class: 2024
Major(s): Biochemistry
Minor(s):
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Organic Chemistry Research; Teaching; Eating Food; Video Games; Meditation; Writing Amateur Raps; Journaling
Favorite books and authors: Walden by Henry David Thoreau; Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut; 1984 by George Orwell
Advice to college writers: Just write! Writing is a skill that is cultivated through practice. Embrace the fact that writing is a process, start writing, and go from there.
Faith Bartell

Class: 2023
Major(s): Media Communication
Minor(s): English, Economics, and Advertising
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I’m an Executive Producer of the Biweekly Show, which is the best thing ever (watch us live every other Tuesday night!). I’m also Vice President of the Student Television Network, as well as a part of the Peer-to-Peer Marketing Team for UD Dining Services. In my free time, I love writing poetry and stand-up comedy to perform to myself in the mirror.
Favorite books and authors: The Great Gatsby and the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin are my absolute favorites. I recently read Untamed by Glennon Doyle, which was amazing. My idols are Mindy Kaling and Tina Fey — they are comedy-writing geniuses.
Advice to college writers: Trust yourself and your process, but always be open to revision — it’s how you truly learn and grow as a writer.
Vanessa Bein

Class: 2023
Major(s): Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
Minor(s): Art, Statistical Data Analytics
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Blue Hen Leadership Program, UD Wildlife Society, Yoga Club, working at UDairy, baking, painting, photography, and playing video/board games.
Favorite books and authors: Emma by Jane Austen, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë, Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer, The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman, and anything by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Advice to college writers: Writing is a process, so have patience and take time to prepare before you write! The more prepared you are in your research, thesis, and outline, the smoother the process will be. If you can also find a way to connect to the topic you are writing about, it will make the process all the more meaningful and successful.
Olivia Blau

Class: 2024
Major(s): International Relations, French
Minor(s): Legal Studies
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Surfing, Reading, Baking, and SOS at UD
Favorite books and authors: Books – The Hunger Games Trilogy, Animal Farm, Sharp Objects, Authors – Gillian Flynn, Taylor Jenkins Reid, Liane Moriarty
Advice to college writers: For me, starting essays has always been the most challenging part of any writing assignment, but once you get through your first draft, the process becomes SO much easier! My advice would be to just write a complete first draft, no matter how bad you think it is. You’ll realize that it’s actually a great starting point to build off of!
Katie Browne

Class: 2023
Major(s): Cognitive Science
Minor(s): Spanish, Psychology
Hobbies/interest/clubs: UDance, UDaB, Yoga Club, Delaware Diplomats, listening to country music, hiking, baking all day everyday, drinking iced coffee and binge watching the Great British Baking Show.
Favorite books and authors: The Nightingale – Kristen Hannah, Educated – Tara Westover, The Book Thief – Marcus Zusak
Advice to college writers: Try to write a little bit everyday! It’ll make writing a lot less overwhelming.
Brandon Cangialosi

Class: 2024
Major(s): Political Science, Philosophy
Minor(s): Legal Studies
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I love reading, hanging out with friends, and talking to people. I also enjoy playing video games with my friends whenever I can. Additionally, I am a part of the Blue Hens Ethics and Philosophy Club here at UD.
Favorite books and authors: My favorite books of all time are The Lord of the Rings. I love the books and the movies and I have yet to find a story as captivating and epic as the one Tolkien told. Another one of my favorite authors is Arthur C. Clarke and I would suggest his Space Odyssey series to anyone who likes sci-fi, especially the first book 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Advice to college writers: My advice to college writers is to simply just start writing as soon as possible. It sounds cliché but procrastination is something that plagues most of us and the best way to combat it is to just start writing. Even if you wind up scraping it later, you have already gotten the initial thinking process out of the way and can start writing another draft.
Jillian Dolan

Class: 2023
Major(s): Biological Sciences, Liberal Studies
Minor(s): English, Global Health
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I’m President of Tri Beta Biological Honors Society and a member of Phi Delta Epsilon medical fraternity. I also volunteer with Lori’s Hands. I peer mentor introductory biology classes for incoming freshmen and partake in research at the Move2Learn Lab here at UD! In my free time I like to travel, go “down the shore”, read, and bake!
Favorite books and authors: Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins, John Steinbeck (the Grapes of Wrath is my personal favorite), Shakespeare plays, and Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Advice to college writers: Say what you want to say in your writing and stick by it! I know writing may seem like a daunting task, but being able to focus on what you have to say and what you can contribute to the conversation will make writing a more liberating and fun experience!
Caitlin Fiore

Class: 2024
Major(s): Environmental Science, Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
Minor(s):
Hobbies/interest/clubs: University of Delaware Marching Band, gardening, reading, playing/listening to music, crocheting
Favorite books and authors: Eragon (Christopher Paolini), The Stormlight Archive series (Brandon Sanderson)
Advice to college writers: Be patient with yourself. Give yourself time and the freedom to explore the different directions you can take and don’t pressure yourself to be perfect from the first draft.
Erica Grening

Class: Fall 2023
Major(s): Criminal Justice, Psychology
Minor(s): Forensic Science
Hobbies/interest/clubs: BHLP Tier 3 member, UNICEF@UD Treasurer, research assistant at Mende-Siedlecki labs, and member of Criminology & Sociology Club. Loves to spend time with friends, try new coffee spots, and watch sports (especially hockey and basketball).
Favorite books and authors: My favorite book is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, and my favorite author is John Green.
Advice to college writers: My advice to college writers is to be patient with oneself. Writing is a process, one that takes time, which is okay! Don’t stress about coming up with ideas, they will come to you naturally, even if it’s at unexpected times.
Sam Haas

Class: 2023
Major(s): Neuroscience, Psychology
Minor(s): Sexuality and Gender Studies; English
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I’m a member of the UDrumline, so anything having to do with creating or absorbing music is a hobby of mine. I also love reading and binge-watching a good show, and I’ve gotten into daily journaling. I joined the Personality & Dysregulation Lab as a research associate because people fascinate and confuse me.
Favorite books and authors: The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling, anything by Stephen King (especially Mr. Mercedes, the first book in the Bill Hodges trilogy), The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Advice to college writers: Write about what makes you happy. Of course it’s great to broaden your horizons and delve into unfamiliar topics, but it’s wonderful to be able to balance what you are told to write with what you want to write. Take what excites you and run with it, whether you intend to share what you create or keep it to yourself.
Megan Herrmann

Class: 2023
Major(s): Elementary Education with a concentration in Special Education
Minor(s):
Hobbies/interest/clubs: On campus I am involved in the Blue Hen Ambassador Tour Guide program and am involved in a co-ed service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega. I also enjoy hiking, baking, and watching sports!
Favorite books and authors: Sharp Objects and Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, Harry Potter series, and Educated by Tara Westover
Advice to college writers: Don’t feel like your first draft needs to be perfect. Try your best to put your thoughts down on paper, and then you can go back and revise it later. It is always easier to edit what you have than it is to start from scratch.
Kristina Holsapple

Class: 2023
Major(s): Computer Science
Minor(s): English, Disability Studies, and Human Development & Family Sciences
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Reading, crocheting, journaling, and getting outside with my dog, Maisie.
Favorite books and authors: An Absolutely Remarkable Thing and its sequel A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor by Hank Green and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton.
Advice to college writers: Believe in everything you write. It is yours. Find a balance between pride in your voice and your ability to grow as a writer.
Sunyu Kang

Class: 2023
Major(s): English, Biological Sciences
Minor(s):
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I love hiking, playing the piano, exploring music, and taking pictures of my dog! I also enjoy undergraduate research, volunteering at hospitals, and being a peer mentor for BISC207/208.
Favorite books and authors: The Phantom Tollbooth – Norton Juster, Pachinko – Min Jin Lee, A Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens, and all things Jane Austen.
Advice to college writers: There’s no right or wrong when it comes to writing—everyone works differently. Find what works best for you!
Sarah Lacour

Class: 2024
Major(s): History, Art
Minor(s): Art History
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Hiking, swimming & being outdoors, baking, art (especially painting & photography!), watching movies & listening to a lot of music.
Favorite books and authors: Some recents favorites have been Thick by Tressie McMillan Cottom, The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, Assata by Assata Shakur, anything James Baldwin and I have a soft spot for the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan!
Advice to college writers: When you’re experiencing that first draft writing paralysis, remember that it doesn’t have to look like a finished piece of writing! That may sound like common sense, but it helps to get ideas flowing anyway that makes sense to you: a list, free writing, graphic organizer, an outline, or maybe even sketching out what you’re visualizing.
Gabi Lane

Class: 2024
Major(s): Political Science
Minor(s): History, Legal Studies
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Chi Omega, Gamma Sigma Sigma, Planned Parenthood Generation Action, going to the gym, hiking, reading, and traveling.
Favorite books and authors: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Beloved by Toni Morrison, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Advice to college writers: Trust your writing process! Everyone has their own unique process, and discovering what helps you will allow you to tackle any type of writing assignment. Stay confident in your writing, but don’t be afraid to revise.
Jeff Lin

Class: 2023
Major(s): Biochemistry
Minor(s): Biology, Spanish for Healthcare
Hobbies/interest/clubs: InterVarsity Christian Fellowship; former Munson Fellow. I enjoy spending time with friends, family, food, and frisbees. I like sharp books and spirited conversations. I love challenging people and seeing them flourish.
Favorite books and authors: For works of fiction, I enjoy Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry, The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, Shakespeare’s Othello, and any good Agatha Christie novel or short story. For works of nonfiction, I dwell more on topics: recently, political philosophy, Christian theology, and contemporary cultural debates.
Advice to college writers: What is more core than any tip or trick to tweak your texts? to thirst for written excellence.
Zoe Lipkin

Class: 2024
Major(s): Vocal performance
Minor(s): English
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I am very interested in music cognition and music therapy. In my free time, I love doing yoga and pilates, cooking/baking, spending time in nature, reading, songwriting, and knitting. I am involved in the UD Jazz Singers, The Review, S4E, and the UD Opera Theater.
Favorite books and authors: My favorite books are the ones that I did not want to end: Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple, A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman, and My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, and Cynthia Hand. Frederik Backman, Madeleine L’Engle, Louisa May Alcott, and e.e. cummings are my favorite authors.
Advice to college writers: Simplify as much as you can. For me, that has meant solidifying what I want to say before I get into the craft of how I want to say it (i.e. structure, style/tone). Give yourself the grace to try a few different writing processes to learn what makes writing feel most natural for you.
Elisa Macera

Class: 2023
Major(s): Psychology
Minor(s): Disability Studies, Medical Social Services
Hobbies/interest/clubs: In addition to being a Writing Fellow, I am on the iBuddy Council where I work with international students to help them adjust to life in Newark and at UD. I am an avid piano player, baker, drawer, and am trying my hand at guitar and stained glass making.
Favorite books and authors: Ever since high school, Find Me Unafraid by Jessica Posner and Kennedy Odede has been my all time favorite book, with Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller being a close second. I have recently been exploring the works of Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters, and can always count on Sally Rooney to provide an enthralling read.
Advice to college writers: Find an aspect of the prompt or topic that interests you and try to connect to that. Pieces that have been written with interest and passion are so much more enjoyable to write (and read!). Even in prompts that you are completely uninterested in, try to explore ideas and topics that you can connect with because this increased interest is then translated into the writing.
Julia Manson

Class: 2024
Major(s): History, Political Science (Concentrations in American politics and American History)
Minor(s): Political Communication
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I am a part of a sorority on campus, which I dedicate a lot of time to! I also enjoy yoga club, creating art, reading mystery/thriller novels, cooking, and I’m a big movie junkie (especially when it comes to Marvel, Star Wars, or Harry Potter)!
Favorite books and authors: This list could go on and on, however some of my favorites are Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, The Silent Patient by Alex Michaeldies, 1984 by George Orwell, and practically anything by Stephen King or Taylor Jenkins Reid!
Advice to college writers: Forget what you learned in high school about essay structure! It is beyond refreshing to write and read essays beyond the five paragraph outline, so if you don’t know where to start when it comes to writing within college academia–start there! Besides that, your voice is unique–let it shine through your writing! Lastly, don’t be afraid to revise!
Abigail McGraw

Class: 2024
Major(s): Environmental Science and Ecoscience
Minor(s): Coastal and Marine Geoscience
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I am involved with E-52 Student Theatre, HTAC, and Epsilon Eta, I host a radio show on WVUD, and I am a resident assistant for first year students. I also love crocheting, hiking, and baking, but stay pretty busy with theatre on campus!
Favorite books and authors: Little Women – Louisa May Alcott, Swine Not – Jimmy Buffet, and The Midnight Library – Matthew Haig.
Advice to college writers: Let your writing be yours and be authentic! Do not feel pressured to write with the same style as your peers or try to fit your style into a box that restricts your self-expression.
Harrison Oven

Class: 2024
Major(s): Biochemistry
Minor(s): Possibly Mathematics
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I spend a lot of my time on campus doing undergraduate research, but I also love skiing, hiking, playing the guitar, and traveling as much as I can.
Favorite books and authors: I like The Catcher in the Rye as an all-around pick, but I’ve always had a soft spot for Stephen King and horror stories.
Advice to college writers: When it comes to good writing, style is just as important as content. Know your audience, use your personal voice, and be confident in your work even if it needs revision.
Shreeya Parekh

Class: 2024
Major(s): Computer Science, Political Science
Minor(s):
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Painting, watching movies, embroidery, and undergraduate research
Favorite books and authors: Circe by Madeline Miller, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Advice to college writers: While it may seem unlikely at first, you have a unique perspective for every prompt. Empower yourself by embracing your voice and creating interesting works.
Maya Patel

Class: 2024
Major(s): Cognitive Science, Media Communication
Minor(s): Disability Studies, Advertising
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Gamma Sigma Sigma Service Sorority, Honors Ambassador, Public Relations Student Society of America, painting, photography, making playlists, and learning to play the ukulele.
Favorite books and authors: Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, and People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry.
Advice to college writers: The best thing about writing is that the process is completely up to you. That might seem overwhelming, but don’t be afraid to try out new writing styles, research new topics that genuinely interest you, and ask for help when you need it!
Amanda Reed

Class: 2023
Major(s): Psychology, English, and Spanish Studies
Minor(s): Comparative Literature
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I love to spend time outdoors (hiking, camping, kayaking), try fun new recipes, and read. On campus, I’m a Research Assistant in the Close Relationships and Health Psychology Lab. I’m also a Community Engagement Scholar, a tutor in UD’s Writing Center, and a Peer Support Specialist in Sean’s House.
Favorite books and authors: Any book by Carmen Maria Machado, The Alice Network by Kate Quinn, Unbound by Tarana Burke, The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi, and Educated by Tara Westover
Advice to college writers: Don’t be afraid to deviate from the process or style of writing that you have always known. Be flexible as you learn to adapt to college writing and ask for help when you need it from your peers, professors, and of course your Writing Fellows 🙂
Rhi Rufo

Class: 2023
Major(s): Pre-Veterinary Medicine
Minor(s): Public Health
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I like to collect records, make playlists, draw, paint, read, and watch movies. When I’m home I love my job working as an assistant at an animal hospital. I’m also a sister of Alpha Delta Pi and enjoy participating in philanthropy events.
Favorite books and authors: Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom, The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Advice to college writers: Get comfortable with the idea of having to revisit a draft multiple times. Giving your thoughts time to grow and clarify, as well as looking at your paper from a fresh lens, will allow you to develop different perspectives on your writing.
Mina Rulis

Class: 2023
Major(s): International Relations, Computer Science
Minor(s):
Hobbies/interest/clubs: Ballet, baking/cooking, running, painting, collecting stationary, making playlists, coffee shops
Favorite books and authors: To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf, Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Dune by Frank Herbert, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass
Advice to college writers: Write down all of your ideas, nothing needs to be perfect the first time you put a thought into words! Refinement can come through further drafting, so get out anything you might want to say when you start without holding yourself back.
Julia Rusinski

Class: 2024
Major(s): Biological Sciences, Psychology
Minor(s): Genetic Counseling
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I am part of the Future Genetic Counselors club, and I’m a research assistant in the Close Relationships and Health lab. In my free time, I enjoy reading, writing, embroidery (though “attempting embroidery” might be a more accurate description), and cooking or baking.
Favorite books and authors: The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, and The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams are some of my current favorites. I’m also a huge fan of Hanya Yanagihara and Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Advice to college writers: When in doubt, just start writing! It’s much easier to edit a page of ramblings than it is to edit a blank page, and you might be surprised by what you come up with when you rid yourself of the idea that your first draft must be “perfect.”
Eliana Schulman

Class: 2023
Major(s): Psychology
Minor(s): Human Development and Family Sciences, Sociology
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I enjoy singing, walking outside, watching TV, and spending time with family and friends. On campus, I love being involved in the Jewish organizations Hillel and Chabad, and I am a research assistant at the Close Relationships & Health Lab, a research assistant at the Attachment & Biobehavioral Catch-up Lab, a Peer Lead at Sean’s House, and a clinic assistant at the Psychological Services Training Center.
Favorite books and authors: I love the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, and I also greatly enjoyed 1984 by George Orwell, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.
Advice to college writers: Writing can seem intimidating and boring at first, but take your time with it, and find your own voice to make it unique. Remember that writing is a process, so brainstorm, outline, write, take a break, revise, etc. until you have written something of which you are truly proud.
Kelly Shea

Class: 2024
Major(s): International Relations
Minor(s): Spanish, International Business Studies, (and maybe Art History soon!)
Hobbies/interest/clubs: My hobbies and interests include dissecting music, taking pictures of sunsets, and staking out new coffee shops because I love coffee. I am also a part of the Phi Sigma Sigma sorority on UD’s campus and work at Roots on Main Street!
Favorite books and authors: My favorite books include The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur, and my favorite childhood book is Seen Art? by Jon Sciezska. I don’t know if I have a favorite author besides Cormac McCarthy because I like the way he tells stories, but also because I try to diversify my reading to see different perspectives! (Last time I read from only one author I read a lot of John Green haha).
Advice to college writers: My advice to college writers is to not be afraid to try new things and to fail at it! New perspectives can help spur inspiration, and rarely does one learn new things from getting it right the first time around.
Manju Sivasankar

Class: 2023
Major(s): Biomedical Engineering
Minor(s): French
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I enjoy reading and playing piano in my free time. I also do research at the Human Robotics Lab. At UD, I’m involved in Orthotics and Prosthetics Club, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), Ambassadors of Biomedical Engineering, Honors Engaging in Neighborhood Service (HENS), and E-52.
Favorite books and authors: I’m an avid reader, so I honestly love so many books it’s hard to choose my favorites, but here are a few: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak, Death Be Not Proud by John Gunther, and of course the entire Harry Potter Series.
Advice to college writers: Don’t be afraid to voice your opinions in your writing. Use college writing as a way to showcase your perspective while refining other writing skills. Even though your primary goal should be to address the prompt your professor provided, you can still inject your own voice and point of view throughout the piece.
Alex Stone

Class: 2023
Major(s): Biological Sciences
Minor(s): Spanish for Healthcare
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I enjoy volunteering as an English as a Second Language tutor and being an active member in HENS. I also like to spend my time writing blog posts for the Honors 186 South College Blog. You can also find me spending my free time hiking, cooking, baking and reading.
Favorite books and authors: The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, anything by Leigh Bardugo, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.
Advice to college writers: Don’t be afraid to start writing. It may seem intimidating to get those first few words down on the page because you feel they need to be just right. However, first drafts are all about working through ideas and will most likely not be perfect. Remember, the revision process is there for a reason, so use it to your advantage and take the time to learn where you can improve as a writer.
Jenna Stoudt

Class: 2024
Major(s): Medical Diagnostics, Liberal Studies
Minor(s): Spanish for Healthcare
Hobbies/interest/clubs: At UD, I am a member of the club gymnastics team, as well as Phi Delta Epsilon, a pre-medical fraternity. In my free time, I love to read, bake, bike, and ski!
Favorite books and authors: Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, Looking For Alaska by John Green
Advice to college writers: Be willing to try new things in both your writing process and style! So much writing in high school followed the same pattern — now is your time to branch out and find new ways to express yourself.
Kelsey Wagner

Class: 2023
Major(s): History, Three Language (Spanish, German, Ancient Greek)
Minor(s): Ancient Greek and Roman Studies
Hobbies/interest/clubs: The Review, playing the violin, attempting to write poetry, learning new languages, and questioning the way we write history.
Favorite books and authors: The Awakening by Kate Chopin, Anything by Kurt Vonnegut, Harry Potter (naturally), The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison, also Keats
Advice to college writers: Stop overthinking and just write. You can always go back and change what you wrote, but getting the first sentence down is absolutely essential for inducing the flow that turns thought into writing.
Daria Willis

Class: 2023
Major(s): Neuroscience, Liberal Studies: Medical Scholars Program
Minor(s): Spanish, Sociology
Hobbies/interest/clubs: I’m the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Fundraising Chair for Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity. I’m also a member of several other UD clubs including Strong Like A Girl and Yoga Club. I do neuroscience research here at UD studying early-life conditions that might lead to learning disabilities. In my free time I enjoy yoga/dance/pilates, hiking (anything that gets me moving really!), reading, and arts & crafts.
Favorite books and authors: The Goldfinch (Donna Tartt) 1984 (George Orwell) My Sister’s Keeper (Jodi Picoult) Pet Sematary (Stephen King) (although this is an ever changing list)
Advice to college writers: You don’t need to stick to what you learned in high school. College is the place to branch out! Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
Derek Wu

Class: 2024
Major(s): Biological Sciences, Environmental Science
Minor(s): Biochemistry
Hobbies/interest/clubs: At UD, I’m involved in undergraduate research, the Munson Fellows, and Epsilon Eta. I also enjoy drawing, propagating plants, and visiting the UDairy Creamery.
Favorite books and authors: Handmaid’s Tale and Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood and Dracula by Bram Stoker
Advice to college writers: Look at your writing prompt and write about a topic that genuinely interests you! You’ll find your strongest ideas will flow onto the page from there.