University of Delaware’s Honors Program has earned a national reputation for both the rigor and creativity of our program and the quality of our students, who are bright, enthusiastic, and intellectually curious.
UDHP values students that are motivated academically and interested in immersing themselves in a strong living and learning community. We challenge students by:
- Promoting a supportive learning environment through engaging small courses, which allow Honors students to create meaningful relationships with professors.
- Creating interdisciplinary Honors curricula that encourage coursework inside and outside of students’ majors.
- Providing students with different academic pathways through the General Honors Award, the Honor Degree and the Honors Degree with Distinction.
- Preparing students for competitive graduate programs and supporting students in their pursuit of Rhodes, Truman, Marshall, Fulbright and Goldwater Scholarships.
UDHP encourages students to expand their studies by pursuing educational opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom and giving back to the community around them. We enrich the student experience by:
- Promoting Study Abroad programs specifically for Honors Students
- Sponsoring service learning and volunteer work
- Providing research opportunities
UDHP values the importance of engagement, and believes that a welcoming community creates successful students. We foster community by:
- Creating housing options reserved for Honors Program students. First-year students live together in a first-year residence hall on campus with upper division peer mentors who plan events for the community and act as an academic resource.
- Encouraging collaboration between Honors Program students.
- Inspiring each Honors Program student to become a vibrant scholar within the larger community.