Honors College Bulletin Board
Nachos & Networking
- Nachos & Networking with Honors College Alumni – Honors students from all majors meet quarterly at the Deer Park Tavern 2nd Floor, to mingle and hear from guest alumni. September 26 at 6 pm is our next Nachos & Networking event – Register Now!
- Come hear a panel of upperclass pre-health students in Pre-Medical, Pre-Dental, Athletic Training, and Pre-Veterinary fields speak about their undergraduate academic life and how their experiences have led them to where they are now. Honors student Zach Waterman ’24, is representing Pre-Medical students at the panel. September 28 at 6 pm at Memorial Hall, room 125.
- Are you conducting impactful environmentally-related research that you would like to share and have a chance to win $500? If so, do not forget to Register Now for the Delaware Environmental Institute 2023 Pitch:90 event by October 17, 2023. The Pitch:90 competition is on November 14 from 6-9 pm in Clayton Hall Conference Center. Pitch: 90 is a fast-paced speaking competition in which student researchers describe their work in 90 seconds or less to a panel of judges and an enthusiastic audience. It’s designed to be an entertaining, rewarding way to give students of all majors a chance to develop their communication and presentation skills while showcasing their environmentally-related research. Judges will select winners based on clarity, compendium, and audience engagement. Top prize is $500. Second and third place will receive $250 and $125 and a fan favorite will receive $75. All participants get a free t-shirt. Find out more here.
Honors Enrichment Award
- Honors students can apply for up to $3,000 to assist with non-credit bearing activities related to their academic or professional pursuits. Applications for the Honors Enrichment Award are accepted on a rolling basis, find out more.
Plastino Awards Scholars
The College of Arts and Sciences Plastino Awards Program awards study grants up to $6,000 to selected undergraduate students who exhibit extraordinary talent, promise and imagination. The grants support self-designed, off-campus learning experiences that make a transformational difference in the lives of Plastino Scholars and enable them to pursue a passionate interest to a degree not otherwise possible. Find out more here, and attend an information session: October 5, 5 pm 205/206 McDowell; October 16, 7 pm 205/206 McDowell
Honors Literary Journal
- Are you an aspiring author or artist? Do you dream of one day seeing your work in publication? Now is your chance! The Cypress Review is an Honors College literary journal based in Ogden Honors College, Louisiana State University, and is seeking submissions from undergraduates across the country. The journal publishes all manner of artistic works: fiction, poetry, screenwriting and playwriting, creative nonfiction, short-form literary analysis and review, and visual art. Check out the Submissions Page for more info, deadline for submissions is Oct 8.
Coffee with a Prof
- Is there a professor you’d like to thank or update on your plans? Want to get to know a professor better? Take any UD professor to Little Goat Coffee Roasting on us! Here’s how.
- The Department of Philosophy invites you to the Fall 2023 David Norton Memorial Lecture event: “Should we be moral relativists?” with professor Paul Boghossian from New York University. Friday, October 20 at 3:30 pm in Memorial Hall, room 127, free and open to the public, reception to follow. Find out more here.
US Fulbright Program
- The Fulbright is a one-year grant for teaching English, doing research, or studying for a Master’s Degree abroad in one of 160+ different countries around the world. Honors College staff holds information sessions, find out more.