Ice Cream Production Manager
Kilby Cream in Colora, MD, seeks motivated individual to lead new ice cream production line. The right candidate will work with owners to build an ice cream team and develop ice cream production SOPs to produce consistent, high-quality ice cream.
Ice cream to be manufactured on new ice cream line- continuous flow GRAM freezer, ripple pump, and ingredient feeder. Produce and inventory ice cream for Kilby Cream retail store, seasonal ice cream shops, and year-round retailers. Ice cream is packaged in 3 gal round tubs, with a StanPac Flex E Fill utilized to fill 56 oz, 16 oz, and 8 oz rounds.
Ice cream team’s duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Monitor ice cream orders and plan weekly production schedule
- Inventory ice cream supplies (inclusions, ingredients, containers) and request reorders as necessary.
- Work with HTST operator to ensure adequate ice cream mix to fill production requirements.
- Maintain necessary temperature recording charts.
- Maintain detailed, up to date records on ice cream production.
- Develop and maintain Sanitation SOPs for equipment and production area.
- Clean, organize, maintain storage areas for ice cream equipment, ingredients, other supplies.
Ideal candidate will be flexible with job description and be willing to work where needed, as the need arises. Preference given to those with management experience and experience in dairy/food production.
Position offers competitive salary.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com