Bellevue Farms, an agricultural program of the Bellevue Community Center, was established in 2014 to address a need for increasing awareness of healthy eating. The mission of Bellevue Farms is to increase access to fresh, locally grown food and to help build an equitable and sustainable food system. We accomplish this in part by delivering high quality garden and nutrition-based education to youth from pre-k to teen that teaches healthy lifestyle decision making, entrepreneurship, environmental stewardship, and community building. In addition, Bellevue Farms increases access to fresh, locally grown food and builds community through our annual events, seasonal farmers market, farm stand, and strong community partnerships.
Bellevue Farms seeks a Farm Manager (FM) to plan, develop, maintain, harvest, and sell for our market and program production taking place on our 1/2 acre urban farm and community garden. The FM works directly with Bellevue Farms staff and volunteers to grow food with the purpose to supply our farm stand, BCC kitchen, and youth programs with fresh food.
– 2+ years experience in gardening, farming, permaculture or horticulture is essential
– Farm production for market and retail experience preferred
– Experience managing staff or volunteers
– Experience working with diverse youth and/or diversity and inclusion training, a plus
– Valid Drivers License and reliable transportation are required to perform the duties of this job. Public transportation is not accessible.
– Ability to lift 40lbs and work in all weather conditions
– Must pass a background check, as this job interacts with youth and vulnerable populations.
– Flexibility in schedule is necessary with occasional nights and weekends
– Plan, maintain, harvest, and prepare for market the production program
– Manage seasonal Farm Stand operations
– Plan and manage annual plant propagation and sales
– Work with Director and Youth Education Manager on crop production plan
– Maintain records of food production
– Participate in and help coordinate BCC events & 4H Club activities as needed
– Be the point-of-contact for community gardeners after they become members
– Coordinate and supervise volunteer groups and individuals as needed
– Work with the Director on food inventory and ordering for Farm Stand sales
COMPENSATION: this position is salaried 35,568* – 50k
Read more and apply here: https://www.goodfoodjobs.com/jobs/160836/farm-manager.html