Interested in being a part of a CANR tradition? We are looking for motivated students to be involved in the 2019 Ag Day Student Planning Committee starting in the Fall 2018. Get experience and gain confidence in event management, team building, and communications. Contact Grace Wisser, email@example.com, for more information.
The Division of Student Life and the Office of the Dean of Students are thrilled to share that nominations are open now through May 4 for the Seitz Award, celebrating outstanding first- or second-year students at the University of Delaware. this annual award recognizes a first- or second-year student who embodies the student-created “We Are Blue Hens” values statement. All UD faculty, staff, and students may submit nominations here.
The fund for the George and Margaret Collins Seitz Award was established in 1954 at UD by Margaret Seitz to honor the memory of her mother and father. This annual recognition, which includes a $1,500 award, is presented each spring to a first- or second-year student who exemplifies outstanding character by demonstrating and encouraging in others the following values:
- Respect – We support the inherent right for all members of our community to have a voice and freely share their ideas. We acknowledge that an environment where there is mutual respect and dialogue, leads to greater learning.
- Openness – We believe that diversity is not enough. Diversity is acknowledging that differences exist. Openness means that we are accepting of learning from and engaging with all members of our community.
- Innovation – We challenge all Blue Hens to be bold and creative as we strive for a better world. We will be committed to progress, while recognizing the value of past experiences. Our education provides us limitless opportunities to move ourselves and others forward.
- Engagement – We will take an active role in the life of the university, both as learners and contributing community members. We know that true growth comes from being an active and engaged participant in our experiences.
- Mentorship – We seek to become visionary and passionate Blue Hens who understand our role in fostering society’s next generation of responsible and ethical leaders. We will build relationships that foster excellence, support, and accountability.
The full “We Are Blue Hens” values statement can be found here.
Nominees must be matriculated UD first- or second-year students in good academic and disciplinary standing. They may be from any major, may live on or off campus and are not required to demonstrate financial need. The award winner is determined by a committee comprised of UD faculty, staff and students and will be announced prior to the end of the spring semester.
All University of Delaware faculty, staff, and students may nominate a student for this award. Nominations will be accepted through May 4, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. and must be submitted via the online form.
This post is in regards to those interested in becoming a teaching assistant for the ANFS 111 – Introduction to Animal and Food Science Laboratory.
The lab takes place every Wednesday in the Fall semester and TA’s are required to have the hours from 1-4pm available.
Please return the application form via hard copy to Mrs. Hougentogler’s office (042 to Townsend Hall) where you may slide it under the door if she is not here, OR electronically to Nemeclm@udel.edu.
The application deadline is Friday, May 4th – NO EXCEPTIONS
Final decisions will be made by Reading Day, May 16th.
CANR students are needed to help staff the Live Blue Hen display at Ag Day. Involves making sure chickens in trailer display have water, feed, and the birds are not too hot. Will also be answering questions about the Blue Hens (information sheet available) and hand out information sheets to visitors. Volunteers are needed for 1-2 hour shifts from 9:00 am-4:30 pm. If you are interested in volunteering or have questions, please contact Prof. Bob Alphin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-0825.