Dear UD Student,
- Are you trying to navigate the complex world of virtual learning and working?
- Are you trying to figure out how to get a job that allows you to be your authentic female self?
- Do you feel like no matter what you learn in the classroom, you still feel unprepared for the work world?
- Do you feel like you could use more examples of successful women as role models?
- Do you want to connect with other female students that have similar experiences to yours?
As a female student at UD, you are invited to attend all sessions:
Ascend: Empowering Female Students for Success
The WLI, in collaboration with the Lerner College Women in Business RSO has developed the ASCEND series to address these issues. Our certificate program includes 7 interactive zoom webinars, and will require attendance at each session, along with a short reflection assignment to obtain a certificate. Due to limited space, students much complete an application for this program, and will be accepted on a first come basis. For more information, email Amy Stengel: email@example.com.
Our single session option allows students to register for one session at a time to any and all sessions that are of interest. Due to limited space – registration for each individual session is required, and session will be closed once filled.
These 75 minute online sessions are set up to address these issues. Each session will
teach critical leadership skills, introducing participants to successful female executives to serve as advisors and role models, and invite you to build connections with other female students with similar experiences.
Each of these online sessions will include a 20-minute talk from a successful female executive and a facilitated breakout discussion where students meet one another and deepen their learning and connection.
- You need volunteer, shadow, and direct patient care hours but how has the covid- 19 pandemic affected this process? This event is intended for students to get real-world advice and answers from current veterinarians in the field. Pre-registration is required at the link above. We will send the password to those who have registered.
- Panelists include:
Stephanie DeMarco, DVM – Associate Veterinarian at VCA Kirkwood Animal HospitalJessica Applebaum, DVM – Associate Veterinarian at Sycamore Veterinary Hospital
Patrick Mahaney VMD, CVA, CVJ – Veterinarian, Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist, and Certified Veterinary Journalist at California Pet Acupuncture & Wellness (CPAW), Inc.
- Take advantage of an opportunity to network and enhance your professional development skills from employers and alumni across Agriculture & Environment fields. Employer & alumni representatives will be rotated though each break out room every 8-10 minutes and include topics like interviewing, building your professional network, LinkedIn, and professional etiquette. The event will conclude with open networking with all alumni & employers. Pre-registration is required at the link above. We will send the password prior to the event.
Looking for future doctors!
Are you an undergraduate student in the United States interested in pursuing further education in the medical sciences? Researchers at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University are interested in talking to students about factors and experiences that influence student’s decisions to pursue their chosen medical career. We hope to gain some insight in the relationship between these factors and experiences with racial and ethnic representation in veterinary medicine.
Your participation will consist in taking a 15-minute online anonymous survey about yourself and your experiences with veterinary medicine. If you self-identify as Hispanic or Latinx, you will be given the option to provide your contact information for a 45-minute follow-up interview.
You will have the chance in participating in a raffle for one of five $50 amazon gift cards.
If you are interested in participating, or want more information, please access the survey via the link below:
Students may write to Daniela Lopez Goicochea (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is conducting this research, if they have questions.
Deadline: August 21 at 11:59PM
CANR is committed to promoting an inclusive and supportive environment where students, faculty, staff and stakeholders feel respected and free from discrimination. Dean Rieger is assembling a CANR Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee to implement and assess programs and to develop a Diversity Action Plan for the college. Undergraduate students interested in serving on the committee should contact Lauren Bradford (email@example.com) or Christy Mannering (firstname.lastname@example.org).