The Demetrios Agathangelides Scholarship
True Leaf Market is proud to support the agricultural sciences. Each year, we offer two $1000 scholarships to college students involved in the agricultural sciences. We encourage students in both graduate and undergraduate programs to apply for this scholarship, which will allow them to showcase the skills and knowledge they’ve learned in their agriculture-related field. We want applicants to demonstrate their knowledge with confidence while fulfilling the requirements for this scholarship. Overall, our aim is to encourage students to exercise what they have learned while bettering the world around them. We offer scholarships to students in these plant science related disciplines:
- Landscape Architecture
- All Other Plant Science related disciplines
Application deadline is July 31, 2018. For more information visit our website: True Leaf Market
Trevose Horticultural Society
2018 Scholarship Program
Application Deadline March 15, 2018
The Trevose Horticultural Society will be awarding a One Thousand Five Hundred dollar ($1,500.) scholarship to the successful applicant, selected by the Scholarship Committee, following review of applications and other required documentation, received by March 15, 2018. An applicant must be a currently enrolled college or university student majoring in: Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Architecture, Conservation Forestry, Botany, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Environmental Ecology, City Planning, Land Management, Farming or related subjects.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 graded hours.
- Graduate Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 graded hours
The application must include:
- Scholarship Application Form
- Financial Aid Form
- Transcript of Grades provided by the Dean’s Office, it does not need be a “sealed” transcript
- A letter not to exceed one (1) typed page from the applicant stating: career goals, practical experience in the field of study, personal background.
- Additionally, you are encouraged but not required to include any letters of recommendation from academic or employment sources
All APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 15, 2018.
ADDRESS APPLICATIONS TO:
JOHN J. LEE
11 CREEK ROAD
CHURCHVILLE, PA 18966-1426
Notice of scholarship award will be sent to all applicants by
March 26, 2018.
THS Financial Need Form
THS Application Form
The Central Park Conservancy College Summer Internship program provides 20 college students with paid full-time positions for 10 weeks from June to August. Participants receive the opportunity to contribute directly to the care and restoration of Central Park. Working side-by-side with Conservancy staff, interns learn about the complexity of managing an iconic and historic urban park that receives over 42 million visits a year. Additionally, interns will attend lectures, workshops and practicums with experts in the field to better synthesize and apply what they learn. College interns support several areas of the Conservancy’s work, including: Public Programs, GIS & Asset Management, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Tree Care, and Woodlands Management.
For more information and to apply click here The application deadline is March 9, 2018.
The Garden Club of America funds 28 scholarships, which provides over $330,000 in financial aid to qualified students. The GCA funds studies and research in the following areas: forestry to applied plant sciences to ecology and evolutionary biology, landscape architecture, and horticulture. To learn more about the GCA scholarships, requirements, and deadlines visit their website: GCA Scholarships
Summer scholarships in field botany for undergraduate and graduate students
- A scholarship for graduate study in public horticulture
- A fellowship to study pollinator decline
- An award to fund graduate and advanced undergraduate students studying horticulture, conservation, botany, environmental science and landscape design relating to arid landscapes
- A fellowship in urban forestry
- An offering in summer environmental studies for residents of New Jersey or non-residents studying in New Jersey
- A fellowship in ecological restoration
- Regional scholarships for undergraduates or graduate students who wish to pursue the study of horticulture and related subjects
- Awards for summer environmental studies to undergraduates following their freshman, sophomore or junior years
- A scholarship to study the habitat of threatened or endangered native birds of the U.S.
- A grant for graduate students to conduct field research on biology and management of rare flora
- A scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students for the study abroad of tropical horticulture and botany
- A fellowship in garden history and design
- An internship in garden history and design with a preference given to those who want to intern at the Smithsonian
- A summer scholarship in medicinal botany primarily for undergraduate students
- A fellowship in medicinal botany
- Awards in tropical botany for Ph.D. candidates to pursue independent field study
- Funding to assist graduate students for field work and research in coastal wetland studies
- A fellowship in landscape architecture at the American Academy in Rome
- Scholarships for graduate study in horticulture and landscape architecture in Great Britain
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.