Test Accommodation Center – Faculty Policies & Processes
The TAC is open for fall semester. Due to the 75% occupancy restrictions in the testing center, we are currently limited to the number of students at any given time. While every effort will be made to accommodate students at the time and day of their exam, we are anticipating a lag time of up to 48 hours due to our limited capacity. We expect there will be times when the student cannot take the test at the same time or day of the class. Thank you for your understanding, and please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Please note that for the Fall 2021 Semester exams will NOT be delivered to department offices. Exams will be scanned and emailed directly to the professor OR professors can pick up the test in the TAC Center. Tests that utilize scantrons will need to be picked up in the TAC. No tests will be sent through interoffice mail.
DSS Test Accommodation Center
Alison Hall, Suite 130
Hours of Operation:
Fall and Spring semesters: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Winter and Summer sessions: Hours are by appointment only; Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Please communicate privately with students who have an approved accommodation(s) as to the best way to access accommodation(s) for your course. Faculty may choose to make arrangements to provide appropriate test accommodations for students.
- If a student in your class is testing in the TAC, please provide the test and clearly noted instructions. Please upload your test and instructions to the secure Student Accommodation Manager (SAM) system link at least 48 hours in advance. Whenever possible, please indicate contact information on the exam instruction link so that you may be reached with questions. Tests may be hand-delivered, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 302-831-3261. Please do not send exams through campus mail or the USPS.
- Please ensure that tests are legible, complete and in an accessible format.
- Faculty may indicate on the exam instruction link if they prefer to pick-up the test after completion. Otherwise, the TAC staff will scan and email completed exams.
- Please contact the TAC directly with questions during regular hours of operation.
Test Accommodation Center responsibilities:
- TAC proctors will receive provided exams and administer them in accordance with clearly noted instructions. When needed, the proctors will assist in putting the test materials in an accessible format when assistive technology is an approved accommodation.
- TAC proctors will attempt to contact faculty/course instructors with questions or concerns regarding the test or administration. The proctors will also attempt to reach faculty if students have questions while taking the test in the TAC.
- Unless otherwise noted on the exam instruction link (in SAM), tests will be returned by email, generally within 24 hours of its completion. If noted on the exam instruction link (in SAM), we are happy to hold the test for faculty to pick up in the TAC.
- Please be aware that while attempts are made to provide needed software/programs for tests, not all software/programs are available in the TAC. In general the computers in the TAC do not have internet access and therefore web based tests may not be able to be administered in the TAC. Please contact the proctors with questions regarding software/programs or web-based tests.