Skip to site content
- / Test Accommodation Center (TAC) at a Glance
Test Accommodation Center (TAC) at a Glance
- The TAC is open fall and spring semesters, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. The Test Accommodation Center hours are by appointment only during winter and summer sessions, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Generally, tests are taken at the same time the class is taking the test. For alternate (date or time) arrangements, you must obtain and provide permission from your faculty.
- If using the TAC, at least 5 business days in advance, Log in to SAM and click on “alternative testing” in the gray box in the furthest left column. Select which course you have the exam in from the drop down menu, and complete the rest of the information about the time, date, and accommodations needed for the exam.
- When scheduling in SAM, please be sure that to obtain a confirmation (a green circle with a white check mark) at the top of the page for each sign-up. If you do not see this confirmation, it means that there are more steps for you to complete (and there will be no record of your attempt to sign-up).
- Be sure to put any explanations (reasons for changes, permissions from faculty, etc) in the comments section of the exam request form and check the boxes for special accommodations you may need as applicable (Kurzweil, large print, etc). Remember, you must get your professor’s permission to take an exam at a time other than when the class is scheduled.
- For TAC questions or help with navigating test requests via SAM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 302-831-8948.