For Students: Tests must be scheduled 5 business days prior to the scheduled test day. DSS strongly recommends that you sign up for all your scheduled exams as early as possible.
For Faculty: While every effort will be made to accommodate students at the time and day of their exam, there may be times when the student cannot take the test at the same time as the rest of the class. Thank you for your understanding, and please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Requesting Test Accommodations
Make sure you have sent your Faculty Notification Emails with Alternative Testing/Quizzes selected. Communicate with each instructor regarding your approved testing accommodations to determine how they will be implemented in each course.
If you plan to take your exam at the DSS Test Accommodation Center (TAC), you must.
- Log in to the Student Accommodation Manager (SAM) and click on Alternative Testing in the gray box on the left.
- Select which course you have the exam in from the drop-down menu and click Schedule Exam.
- Complete the information about the time/date/accommodations needed for the exam and agree to the terms and conditions. List any explanations, reasons for changes, permissions from faculty, etc in the comments section of the exam request form. Be sure to check the boxes for special accommodations you may need as applicable (ie. Kurzweil, large print). Click Add Exam Request.
- Typically, you will take your exam on the same date and time as the rest of the class. You must obtain and provide permission from your instructor to take an exam at a date or time that differs from the scheduled exam time.
Taking an Exam at the TAC
- Arrive at the TAC at the scheduled date and time. Late arrivals are not guaranteed that the test will be administered unless approved by faculty.
- Stow all personal belongings in a locker. Bring your Student ID and any approved or required items such as blue books, pencils, calculators, etc.
- Swipe your Student ID and sign in on the sign-in sheet.
- A proctor will provide you with your exam. Before beginning, you will sign the Test Cover Sheet and agree to adhere to all faculty instructions and to the University’s Honesty Policies. All cases of academic dishonesty will be reported to faculty and The Office of Student Conduct. The TAC is monitored by proctors and surveillance cameras.
- Notify a proctor with questions or concerns (i.e., incomplete exam, illegibility, etc.) as soon as possible.
- If you need to take a break, sign-out on the appropriate sheet and sign back in when you return. Please only use the restrooms within the DSS Office Suite.
- When your exam is complete, return the exam and all test items (include scrap paper) to a proctor, and sign out.
TAC Hours of Operation:
Fall and Spring semesters: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Winter and Summer sessions: Hours are by appointment only. Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If a final is scheduled on a Saturday, contact DSS as early as possible to discuss scheduling options.