Test Accommodation Center (TAC)
The Testing Accommodation Center is open for fall semester 2021, Monday – Friday, 8:00am– 5:30pm. Due to occupancy restrictions, dictated by COVID-19 guidelines, the testing center will be limited to 75% capacity for the Fall 2021 semester. Available time slots are on a first come, first served basis.
For TAC questions or help with navigating test requests via SAM, please email email@example.com or call 302-831-8948.
Requesting Test Accommodations
Make sure you have sent your Faculty Notification Emails with Alternative Testing/Quizzes selected. Communicate with each instructor regarding your approved testing accommodations to determine how they will be implemented in each course.
If you plan to take your exam at the DSS Test Accommodation Center (TAC), you must sign up online at least 5 business days in advance of your exam.
- Log in to the Student Accommodation Manager (SAM) and click on Alternative Testing in the gray box on the left.
- Select which course you have the exam in from the drop down menu and click Schedule Exam.
- Complete the information about the time/date/accommodations needed for the exam and agree to the terms and conditions. List any explanations, reasons for changes, permissions from faculty, etc in the comments section of the exam request form. Be sure to check the boxes for special accommodations you may need as applicable (ie. Kurzweil, large print). Click Add Exam Request.
- Typically, you will take your exam at the same date and time as the rest of the class. You must obtain and provide permission from your instructor to take an exam at a date or time that differs from the scheduled exam time.
Taking an Exam at the TAC
- Arrive at the TAC at the scheduled date and time. Late arrivals are not guaranteed that the test will be administered unless approved by faculty.
- Stow all personal belongings in a locker. Bring your Student ID and any approved or required items such as blue books, pencils, calculators, etc.
- Swipe your Student ID and sign in on the sign-in sheet.
- A proctor will provide you with your exam. Before beginning, you will sign the Test Cover Sheet and agree to adhere to all faculty instructions and to the University’s Honesty Policies. All cases of academic dishonesty will be reported to faculty and The Office of Student Conduct. The TAC is monitored by proctors and surveillance cameras.
- Notify a proctor with questions or concerns (i.e., incomplete exam, illegibility, etc.) as soon as possible.
- If you need to take a break, sign-out on the appropriate sheet and sign back in when you return. Please only use the restrooms within the DSS Office Suite.
- When your exam is complete, return the exam and all test items (include scrap paper) to a proctor, and sign out.
TAC Hours of Operation:
Fall and Spring semesters: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Winter and Summer sessions: Hours are by appointment only. Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
If a final is scheduled on a Saturday, contact DSS as early as possible.