Welcome to the Office of Disability Support Services
We are happy you have chosen to attend UD and we are eager to assist you while you are here. The Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) provides accommodations and services to incoming and current UD students with disabilities, psychological or medical conditions, or temporary injuries that limit their access to the UD environment.
Some examples of the academic accommodations and services we provide are testing accommodations (e.g. reduced distraction testing environment, extended time, etc.), alternative print media, and assistive technology.
In order to receive accommodations through DSS, you will need to submit documentation verifying the presence of a disability or chronic medical condition, and meet with an Accommodation Coordinator to determine what accommodations will be most helpful for you. Documentation establishes the individual as a person with specific functional limitations and provides a rationale for reasonable accommodations.
How to Register with DSS
Students should use the Student Accommodation Manger (SAM) to register with the DSS office. Students can use SAM to review accommodations, request faculty notification emails, schedule exams, and request books in alternate formats.
Request your accommodations for Winter Session 2020
- Request your Faculty Notification emails in SAM for Winter Session classes. These will be sent to professors on the first day of Winter Session. Important: If you are taking an online course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can directly notify UD Online of your exam accommodations. If you will be taking tests at DSS over the winter session, please be sure to notify DSS of this information also.
- You can request accommodations/ Faculty notification emails for Spring semester now but they will not be sent until the first day of Spring session which is February 10.
Test Accommodation Center for Winter Session
- TAC Check In Policy – all students taking an exam in the TAC will be required to use their student ID to sign in.
- The TAC will be available for testing to DSS students on an as needed basis during Winter Session. We will only have proctors available when students are signed up to take a test. Please make sure to sign up for all your Winter session tests as soon as possible, no less than 5 business days before the day of your test.
- Hours are by appointment only Monday- Friday, 8:00am -5:00pm.
Housing Deadlines for 2020
- Returning Students – Due by February 28, 2020. If there are NO changes to the accommodations you previously requested, you ONLY need to complete page 2 “Student Section” of the Housing Accommodation Request Form (PDF). If NEW accommodations are being requested, the “Housing Accommodation Request Form” will need to be completed by a doctor requesting the new/different accommodations. Send the completed information by email to email@example.com or drop off in person to the DSS office. DO NOT upload this form in SAM.
- Incoming Students – Due by May 15, 2020. Complete and submit the Housing Accommodation Request Form (PDF) to the DSS office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 302-831-3261, or in person to the DSS Office located in Alison Hall, Suite 130. DO NOT upload this form in SAM.