Welcome to the Office of Disability Support Services
Keeping our Community Healthy
Disability Support Services staff will be available remotely until further notice. Please call 302-831-4643 during business hours (8-5 M-F) or email email@example.com for assistance. For more information about coronavirus, visit udel.edu/coronavirus.
Accommodations and Testing
Please reach out to your professors to alert them if you require testing accommodations. Our office is available to support any student and/or instructor to address specific questions or concerns. The Testing Center is closed and all exams will be administered online by faculty until further notice.
We are happy you have chosen to attend UD and we are eager to assist you while you are here. The Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) provides accommodations and services to incoming and current UD students with disabilities, psychological or medical conditions, or temporary injuries that limit their access to the UD environment.
Some examples of the academic accommodations and services we provide are testing accommodations (e.g. reduced distraction testing environment, extended time, etc.), alternative print media, and assistive technology.
In order to receive accommodations through DSS, you will need to submit documentation verifying the presence of a disability or chronic medical condition, and meet with an Accommodation Coordinator to determine what accommodations will be most helpful for you. Documentation establishes the individual as a person with specific functional limitations and provides a rationale for reasonable accommodations.
How to Register with DSS
Students should use the Student Accommodation Manger (SAM) to register with the DSS office. Students can use SAM to review accommodations, request faculty notification emails, schedule exams, and request books in alternate formats.
Request your accommodations for Spring Semester 2020
You should send your Faculty Notification emails for Spring Semester now through SAM. Important: If you are taking an online course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can directly notify UD Online of your exam accommodations.
Test Accommodation Center for Spring Semester
- TAC Check In Policy – all students taking an exam in the TAC will be required to use their student ID to sign in.
- Please make sure to sign up for all your tests as soon as possible, no less than 5 business days before the day of your test. Generally, tests are taken at the same time the class is taking the test. For alternate date and time arrangements, you must obtain and provide permission from your faculty.
- The TAC is open Spring semester, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Housing Deadlines for 2020
- Returning Students – Due by February 28, 2020. If there are NO changes to the accommodations you previously requested, you ONLY need to complete page 2 “Student Section” of the Housing Accommodation Request Form (PDF). If NEW accommodations are being requested, the “Housing Accommodation Request Form” will need to be completed by a doctor requesting the new/different accommodations. Send the completed information by email to email@example.com or drop off in person to the DSS office. DO NOT upload this form in SAM.
- Incoming Students – Due by May 15, 2020. Complete and submit the Housing Accommodation Request Form (PDF) to the DSS office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 302-831-3261, or in person to the DSS Office located in Alison Hall, Suite 130. DO NOT upload this form in SAM.