Writing Curriculum Updated!

All levels of the writing curriculum have been updated!

Current Writing Curriculum

Below is the email associated with the updated curriculum, followed by links to the updated curriculum (PDF or MS Word files).

Dear colleagues,

Please find attached the revised writing curriculum as approved by the faculty last session. The vote stipulated that the new curriculum would go into effect this session.

Level coordinators and course mentors, please make every effort to update your courses in line with the revised curriculum. I realize this is late notice, but drafts have been circulating for several months. If you find it impossible to make a complete switch this session, please let me know so that we can make arrangements. If you feel this curriculum impacts the writing rubric, please contact Walt, but I think we are in pretty good shape right now.

Lowell, and Jackie: Please update your respective versions of FacBook with these documents, dated 2/12/13.

ELI policy requires that changes to the learning outcomes on syllabi be approved by the curriculum committee and voted by the faculty. In the interests of time, I’m asking if we can suspend this requirement and let me sign off temporarily on any changes in the next few days, to be followed by faculty approval at the earliest opportunity. Only changes in line with the faculty-approved curriculum revisions should be considered at this time. Coordinators and mentors, please send me any changes you need to make to your learning outcomes only as soon as you can (the rest of the syllabus, your timeline, and assessments do not need to go through this process).

Thanks for your cooperation, and our apologies for the rush. Unfortunately, the rhythm of our life makes occasional bursts of last-minute changes virtually inevitable. The curriculum will continue to refine the revision process in the light of this experience.

Nigel
for the Curriculum Committee

Writing Curriculum Approved February 2013

Writing level I

Writing level II

Writing level III // Writing Level III (Rev. Jan 2015)

Writing level IV

Writing level V

Writing Level VI

Writing EAP V

Writing EAP VI

Bookmark the permalink.