If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.
I am supervising 4 Ph.D. students:
Past Graduate Students
- Mutasim Mim – Mutasim worked with me during the period 2021-2023; he got a M.Sc. at UD in 2023 and due to personal reasons, moved to CUNY in summer 2023.
- Himanshu Gupta – Himanshu defended his Ph.D. Thesis in March 2023 and will be a PIMS Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Regina, Canada in Fall 2023.
- Dheer Noal (co-supervised with Mike Tait), Thesis: Spectral Turan theorems and related problems , Ph.D. 2022, Postdoc at University of Wyoming 2022-2023, will be a Postdoc at University of Memphis later in 2023.
- Paul Steller, M.Sc. 2020, Thesis: A survey of the degree/diameter problem for undirected graphs, Booz Allen Hamilton, Software Engineer.
- Matt Mc Ginnis, Ph.D. 2018, Thesis: Combinatorial and spectral properties of graphs and association schemes, Full Stack Software Engineer at McKinney.
- Peng Xu, Ph.D. 2017 – Thesis: Some topics in random walks on graphs, harmonic analysis and Rogozin type inequalities for locally compact groups, (co-supervised with Mokshay Madiman), Assistant Professor (Tenure-track) at Eastern Michigan University
- Weiqiang Li, Ph.D. 2015 – Thesis: Algebraic methods in graph theory, Google, Senior Software Engineer.
- Jason Vermette, Ph.D. 2015 – Thesis: Spectral and combinatorial properties of friendship graphs, simplicial rook graphs and extremal expanders, Assistant Professor (Tenure-track) at Missouri Baptist University
- Wiseley Wong, Ph.D. 2013 – Thesis: Spanning trees, toughness and eigenvalues of regular graphs, Senior Lecturer at University of Maryland
- Michael Tait, M.Sc. 2011 – Thesis: The Alon-Saks-Seymour and Rank-Coloring Conjectures, Assistant Professor, Villanova University, NSF Postdoc Carnegie Mellon University;winner of the Brualdi early career prize of the International Linear Algebra Society.
- Jan Ahmed – Summer Scholar 2022, Winter Scholar 2023 – LPS graphs
- Danielle Henry – Summer Scholar 2021 – Cospectral graphs
- Alex You – Summer Scholar 2021 – Flip graphs
- Brandon Gilbert – Senior Thesis 2020 – Optimal addressings of graphs
- Zhao Kuang Tan – Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, undergraduate student who visited me for 6 months in 2019 On the flip graphs on perfect matchings of complete graphs and signed reversal graphs
- Chunxu Ji – Senior Thesis 2019 – Eigenvalues of simplicial complexes
- Chunxu Ji – Summer Scholar 2018 – Determining a graph by eigenvalues of simplicial complexes
- Brandon Gilbert – Summer Scholar 2018 – Optimal addresings of graphs and Addressing Johnson graphs, complete multipartite graphs, odd cycles and random graphs
- Gifan Thadathil – Senior Thesis 2018 – Spectral sparsification of graphs
- Chunxu Ji – Summer Scholar 2017 – Graph edge coloring
- Joseph Buxton – Summer Scholar 2017 – Graphs from systems of equations over finite fields
- Stephanie Clampitt – Summer Scholar 2016 – Applications of mathematics to economy
- Nicole DiPasquale – Summer Scholar 2016 – Investigations in network medicine
- Cory Cutsail – McNair Scholar 2016 – The design of effective school choice mechanisms
- Pasquale Zingo – Summer Fellow 2016 – Q-ary addressings of graphs
- Yi Zhang – Summer Scholar 2015 – The connectivity of the distance i graph of a distance-regular graph
- Briana Lamet – Summer Scholar 2015 – Intersecting families of triangulations
- Yi Zhang – Summer Scholar 2014 – Constructing expanders using signed adjacency matrices
- Emma Kulek – Summer Scholar 2014 – The mathematics and economics of matchings
- Alexandra Sampugnaro – Summer Fellow 2013
- Michelle Markiewitz – Summer Scholar 2012 – Network addressing using biclique decomposition
- Dajun Lin – Summer Scholar 2011 – Cospectral graphs
- Patrick Devlin – Summer Scholar 2010 – Analysis and construction of large graphs of fixed diameter and maximum degree
- Michael Tait – Summer Research 2010