Why learn AI?
Artificial Intelligence is a rapidly evolving field that has been integrated into many facets of our daily lives, economy, and education. AI uses various techniques, such as Machine Learning, to learn from data in order to make decisions or predictions that would otherwise require human intellect. It can also analyze large amounts of data, recognize patterns, and learn from its experiences to improve its performance over time.
Skilled professionals in AI who understand how to build and train these systems are highly sought-after by many industries. A graduate certificate in AI can open the doors to a wide range of career opportunites and provides a competitive edge in areas such as: healthcare, tech, finance and more.
Admission to the graduate certificate program is competitive. Those who meet the stated requirements are not necessarily guarenteed admission, nor are those who fail to meet all requirements necessarily precluded from admission if they offer other appropriate strengths.
The following are the admission requirements to the Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence:
- A bachelors degree from an accredited four-year college or university. A minimum grade point average of 3.2 in the major field of study and an overall grade point average of 3.0 in a 4.0 grade system is required. Significant relevent work experience or a graduate degree ina relevent technical discipline may be considered in lieu of meeting the GPA guideline.
- *Scholarly competence in the following areas of computer science and mathematics, described as follows:
- Structured high-level programming (for example, CISC106, CISC108, or equivalent)
- Data structures (for example, CISC220, or equivalent)
- At least one (and prefereably more) course(s) in higher-level such as calculus, discrete mathematics, linear algebra, mathematical logic, comparable formal subjects, such as Theory of Computation
- Basic background in probability and statistics
- International applicants must demonstrate a satisfactory level of proficiency in the English language if English is not their first language. The university requires an official TOEFL score of at least 550 on paper-based or at least 79 on the internet-based test
- A resume or curriculum vita outlining work and academic experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Applicants external to UD must apply to the Graduate Certificate in Artifical Intelligence using the online graduate admission application and must submit evidence of all the above qualifications.
*Applicants who are currently enrolled in another program at UD may use the graduate certificate form for UD undergraduate students, or the graduate form for UD graduate students and are subject to the *scholarly competence expectations above.
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are completed. Applications are accepted up to the first day of classes for a given semester. Start terms for the graudate certificate include Fall and Spring terms.
Academic Program Requirements
The Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence requires 9 credits of graduate-level courses. The three (3) graduate courses may be chosen from the following:
|CISC 642||Introduction to Computer Vision|
|CISC 681||Artificial Intelligence|
|CISC 683||Introduction to Data Mining|
|CISC 684||Introduction to Machine Learning|
|CISC 686||Introduction to Multi-Agent Systems|
|CISC 688||Introduction to Natural Language Processing|
|CISC 689||Topics: Artificial Intelligence|
|CISC 886||Multi-Agent Systems|
|CISC 889||Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence|
Each certificate program course must be completed with a grade no lower than a B- and students must obtain at least at 3.0 cumulative grade point average in the program curriculum to receive the Graduate Certificate.
A single course substitution (3 graduate credits) may be considered by the Graduate Program Director with documentation provided through the course substitution form.
Expected time to complete this Graduate Certificate is one (1) year. Students are expected to complete the Graduate Certificate Completion Form at the beginning of the semester in which they are registered for the last course needed to complete the certificate.