The Graduate Student Government is an organization, sponsored by the Office of Graduate and Professional Education, which provides advocacy on behalf of and social and professional programming for graduate students at the University of Delaware. Every graduate student is represented in the GSG by a senator from his/her academic program, and every graduate student is welcome to participate in all GSG meetings and events. In fact, every graduate student is already a member of GSG! I encourage you to visit one of our meetings or consider getting involved with program planning or advocacy on one of the GSG committees.
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Updated November 5, 2018
- Graduate Student Night at the Theatre will take place on Friday, November 16, 2018. Join your fellow graduate students for dinner and a showing of “Woman in Mind” performed by UD’s Resident Ensemble Players. Stay tuned for additional details.
Apple Picking at Milburn Orchards (October 13, 2018)
GSG Welcome Picnic (September 29, 2018)
Graduate Student Gala (May 04, 2018) – An evening out with other graduate students. Dress is semi-formal. Details to be announced.
8th Annual Graduate Student Forum (April 20, 2018) – The theme of this event was Building Bridges: Advancing Research and Communication Across Disciplines.
Yuletide at Winterthur (December 06, 2017) – Hosted yearly at Winterthur, graduate students enjoyed live music while exploring the galleries at the festively decorated DuPont family estate.
Graduate Student Night at the Theatre (October 06, 2017) – Performance of “The Mountaintop” by UD’s Resident Ensemble Players (REP). Discount ticket price for graduate students will be $12. The performance runs 95 minutes with no intermission. There is a talkback with the actors following the performance. Further details for the event will be announced soon.
Annual GSG Welcome Picnic (September 08, 2017)
2017-2018 Academic Year
– Regular cleanups and picnics at our adopted Fairfield Park in the City of Newark;
– Held the Grad Student Tax Reform Rally in November on the Green;
– Passed several resolutions, including one on the denouncing Section 1204 of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act;
– Provided representation at meetings of the Board of Trustees, Faculty Senate, especially in both the search of the incoming Provost and the establishment of the Graduate College.