External LTI tools update planned for summer
Select external, third-party tools integrated into Canvas are getting an update. Learn more about which tools are impacted, when the updates may occur, and how these updates may affect your Canvas course.
Canvas course student surveys available in Canvas Commons
Have you considered your students’ experience in your Canvas course? Consider adding an anonymous survey to gather their feedback.
Learn how to collect student feedback using course surveys.
Share your interest in a new grading tool
Gradescope is a new educational technology tool on our radar and we need your input.
Explore Gradescope and share your interest with us.
Did you know:
- Several tools integrated into Canvas were removed from the interface in early January: Post’Em, Piazza, and Purchase Tools Materials. These tools are no longer available in past courses or for activation in any future course. Visit us to speak with a consultant for alternative solutions.
- As we begin the spring semester, remember to regularly download and update to the latest version of the Zoom software—or, turn on automatic updates. Also, be sure to sign in to Zoom on all devices using one of the standard UD methods.
- Due to recent updates by Zoom, all UD Zoom Pro licenses are now HIPAA compliant. If you are a UD Zoom HIPAA user, learn more about this change and actions you should take.
- New case study on Feedback Fruits: Karyn Stockar learned about Feedback Fruits from our August 2021 Canvas newsletter. Read the post from our Instructional Design blog to see how she implemented this new Canvas LTI tool for group member evaluation in her BHAN155 Personal Health Management course.
- The Welcome Bar and Commons space in Pearson 116 have reopened for all those who teach at UD. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM-4:30 PM. Drop in with your questions about teaching with technology, or to use the meeting rooms, work tables, lounge, or sandbox classroom. Visit our website for more information about available services.
Workshops and training are returning to an in-person format! Based on your feedback in last year’s educational technology survey, in-person workshops are being offered in addition to those held virtually. Sessions are held in Pearson 116, but can also be customized and scheduled at your preferred location to support departmental meetings or small groups interested in learning more about using Canvas effectively to meet your teaching and learning needs.
We have a variety of upcoming workshops. Check out our workshop calendar to learn more and register. Workshop titles are differentiated to indicate if held in-person or virtually.
If you are interested in a customized group presentation, please complete a consultation request.