Canvas sites for official catalog courses are created automatically each term when released by the Registrar’s Office. An announcement will be made on the Canvas gateway page when they become available. Once created, you will see the sites on your Canvas Dashboard and in your Courses list. Please confirm your Canvas course sites before the start of each term and verify you have sites for all courses you are assigned to teach. If you do not see a course site, please check with your department scheduler to check official scheduling information.
ATS DEVELOPED RESOURCES
- Canvas Faculty Center — This Canvas course is for faculty to learn how to get the most out of Canvas for teaching and learning.
- Canvas Faculty Quick Start Guide — This short, two-paged guide describes the tools needed to set up a basic Canvas course.
- Canvas Overview Video – Creating a Basic Course — This short video will demonstrate all the steps of creating a basic Canvas course.
- Start of Term Checklist – Please refer to this checklist when preparing your course.
- End of Term Checklist – Please refer to this checklist to finish up your course.
CANVAS DEVELOPED RESOURCES
- Canvas Instructor Guide — Canvas step-by-step text documentation specific to instructors.
- Canvas Student Guide — Canvas step-by-step text documentation specific to students.
- Canvas Basics Guide — Canvas step-by-step text documentation covering general information, canvas and mobile features.
- Canvas Video Guide — Canvas video instructions.