National 4-H Conference 2016
The 2016 National 4-H Conference will take place April 9-14, 2016 at the National 4-H Conference Center in Chevy Chase, MD. This event is sponsored by the Delaware 4-H Foundation. A completed application is due to the NCC office by Tuesday, December 1. Finalists will be selected for an interview to be conducted prior to December 23, 2015. The application can be found at the State 4-H web site http://extension.udel.edu/4h/projects-activities-for-members/topic-citizenship/national-4-h-conference/
Click link that follows for more information about the National 4-H Conference: http://4hconf.4-h.org/
Please e-mail Mallory if you have any questions or need assistance with your application.
Please note below the academic scholarships with a fall deadline. Information for all these scholarships may be found at: http://extension.udel.edu/4h/academic-scholarships/
- Prudential Spirit of Community Award ~ Deadline 11/3/15
If you’ve made a difference by volunteering in your community over the past year, you could win $1,000 and a fabulous trip to Washington, D.C., by applying for a Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Even more importantly, you could win recognition that might inspire other young people to follow your example. These prestigious awards, sponsored by Prudential Financial and the National Association of Secondary School Principals, have honored tens of thousands of middle level and high school students over the past 18 years solely for their volunteer work.
Apply Now for the 2016 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards.
- National 4-H Council’s 4-H Youth in Action (YIA) Award ~
Deadline 11/30/15 This award honors four 4-H’ers who have gained critical life skills through their 4-H experience and have utilized those skills to overcome a challenge, or challenges, they have faced. Each of the honorees are outstanding 4-H’ers who epitomize 4-H youth empowerment and leadership. Applicants should be a 4-H member or recent alumni within the United States, ages 16-21. Please read the guidelines before submitting your application.
- National Wild Turkey Federation’s (NWTF) Academic Scholarship Information & Application ~ Deadline 12/15/15
NWTF SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTION FOR DELAWARE 4-HERS !!!
There will be a $500 scholarship for each of the three counties in Delaware; and one person will be selected to receive the state/national $1000 scholarship, for a total of four scholarships for the state of Delaware.
- Delaware Equine Council Scholarship ~ Deadline 1/31/16
SAVE THE DATES!!
Mark your calendar now for these important upcoming activities!
- State 4-H Ice Skating Party – Saturday December 26 – 6:00-7:30 pm, Centre Ice Rink, Harrington, DE. Cost: $4/person and a canned good.
- Favorite Foods Competition & Food Judging Contest, Saturday January 23 – Location TBD
- State Teen Conference – Saturday January 30 – Sunday January 31, UD Campus, Newark. This event is for youth 13 and up. – Details coming soon!
- State 4-H Leader’s Forum – Saturday, February 6, 2016
Location: Del Tech in Georgetown.