Easter Deviled Eggs
– 12 Large Eggs
– 1/4 cup mayo or miracle whip
– 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
– hot sauce (if desired)
– Salt & Pepper to taste
– 4 drops red food coloring
– 4 drops blue food coloring
– 4 drops green food coloring
– 3 cups water or as desired
- Place eggs into a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Let eggs boil for 3 minutes; turn off heat, cover pot, and let eggs cook in hot water for at least 20 minutes. Drain and cover eggs with cold water. Peel cooled eggs.
- Cut hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; mash yolks in a bowl with mayo or miracle whip, salt, black pepper, hot sauce, and dry mustard until smooth.
- Place red, green, and blue food coloring into 3 different bowls and add about 1 cup water to each bowl. Steep 8 eggs white halves in each bowl, tinting the eggs whites pink, light blue, and green. If color is too pale, add more coloring to bowls. Drain colored egg whites on paper towels.
- Pipe or spoon egg yolk filling into colored egg white halves; cover and chill before serving, at least 30 minutes.
Mental Health – Bonus
With so many things being unknown and schedules still moving around, have you tried taking a minute for yourself and breathing. Try these steps to help refocus yourself! Check out the GEM curriculum for more information.
Sit on shins or cross-legged with a straight back and shoulders relaxed.
- Inhale gently through your nose while counting to four in your mind.
- Hold your breath while counting to the number seven in your mind.
- Exhale completely through the mouth while counting to the number eight.
- This is one complete cycle
- Repeat the cycle three more times to yourself.