This event allows 4-H’ers to showcase their sewing skills, consumer skills, or both as they participate in three areas of competition. 4-H’ers can participate in one portion, two portions or all portions of the showcase. 4-H’ers must be present the day of the showcase to interview with the judge for the Clothing Construction Contest and Ready to Wear Contest. 4-H’ers are not required to be present if they are only exhibiting sewing projects..Comprehensive information about the Delaware 4-H Clothing Showcase, including items linked inline below, is available at udel.edu/006678.
- Express your interest by completing and submitting the Intent to Participate Form by April 3, 2023.
- Prepare for the Clothing Showcase
- Read and follow the Clothing Construction Guidelines and/or Ready to Wear Guidelines, and/or the Sewing Contest Scoresheet.
- Complete your submission(s) using the Clothing Construction Application, and/or Ready to Wear Portfolio Template, and/or Sewing Display Label.
- Submit your Clothing Showcase materials to Your Respective County 4-H Office before the deadline of April 17, 2023, close of business (4:30pm).
- Attend the Clothing Showcase at New Castle Building, Delaware State Fairgrounds on April 23, 2023. Doors open at 1:30pm. Showcase will begin at 4:30pm.