Insect Rearing Associate Scientist
Frontier Scientific is looking for an Associate Scientist to rear crop damaging insects used in research testing for pesticide discovery and development.
- Rearing several different species of insect colonies in growth chambers. Rearing duties include: prepping rearing materials, transferring and collecting insects, filling in data forms, and cleaning reusable materials.
- Following detailed Standard Operating Protocols for Insect Rearing
- Keeping detailed and precise records.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposing of solutions & materials according to guidelines, and keeping storerooms and working areas orderly and clean.
- Working in an environment where Safety is core to the job.
Qualifications & Skills Include
- A BS in entomology, biology, agriculture or equivalent.
- Prefer some experience rearing laboratory insect colonies.
- Knowledge of the scientific method, laboratory procedures and techniques, and recordkeeping.
- Ability to accurately follow detailed instructions & experimental protocols.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
To apply for this position, please contact Tony Guida directly at:
Tony Guida, Site Manager
Frontier Scientific, Inc.
Office Location: Stine Research Center
1090 Elkton Road, S190/31
Newark, DE 19711