East New Market, MD
Crop Production Services
Crop Scout will be responsible for inspecting grower’s fields and recording weeds, insects, disease, and any other observations throughout the field. You will record your observations through a CPS owned crop scouting app. Your observations will be communicated back to your supervisor and other representatives at your assigned location.
You will report to one supervisor who is responsible for your schedule, agronomy training, and safety procedure training. You will be supplied with equipment to do your job which may include vehicle or mileage reimbursement and any other equipment as necessary.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time under all weather conditions
- Person looking for a challenging position that requires decision making and helping farmers succeed
- Organizational skills, the ability to understand new concepts, and learn quickly
- Self-motivated and the ability to complete work targets with little or no supervision in a timely manor
- Have a strong interest in working in the agriculture community
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
**All successful candidates will be required to satisfy CPS pre-employment requirements. Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing and Current Driver’s Abstract.