SPRING MEETINGS WEDNESDAY AT 7:00 PM

ALISON HALL ROOM 227

POSTS

The Journey Begins

by | Aug 5, 2017 | Malawi

A big hello from the Malawi team and welcome to our 2017 travel blog!
As I type this, five of our six member travel team are a mere 14 hours away from getting on a plane bound for Johannesburg, South Africa, and then just another two hour flight away from touching down in Malawi, where we will begin our long awaited assessment trip. The travel team will consist of Emma (project manager), Jordan (project manager), Becca (team member), Dr. Bothi (faculty advisor), Vince (professional mentor), and myself, Ashley (another general team member). I am excited beyond words to continue our partnership with Mphero and strengthen our partnership with Chilimani. We will be checking in on the wells that we implemented last summer in Mphero and assessing for another water project in Chilimani.
Over the past two years that I’ve been involved with EWB and the Malawi project, I have heard countless stories about the beauty and kindness of Malawi and its people. It is surreal that in the next two weeks I will experience that first hand and have my own stories to bring home.
We can’t wait to share our journey with you, so continue to check back for daily blog posts while we are in country. See you in Malawi!
Malawi Travel Team Flight

TITLE