The Med/Vet Summer Leadership Academy at St. George’s University gives a student a unique opportunity to get an inside view of their future career as a doctor or veterinarian.
- This two-week program offers students the opportunity to:
- Experience medicine firsthand with trips to the local clinics, hospitals, farms, and businesses to gain practical experience.
- Get an inside look at what it’s like to be a medical or veterinary medical student with hands-on experience in state-of-the-art training facilities lectured by SGU faculty and staff.
- Enjoy the beautiful Caribbean island of Grenada, with trips to the beach, hikes in the rainforest, and snorkeling excursions.
- Earn college credit for participating in lecture and clinical work.
- Discover how adding an MBA or MPH to their medical or veterinary medical degree will set them apart from their peers and help them stand out throughout their career.
St. George’s University is a center of international education, with students, graduates, and faculty drawn from more than 140 countries. Since its founding in 1976, St. George’s University’s network of over 14,000 School of Medicine graduates have practiced in all 50 US states and more than 50 countries around the world.
For more information, please visit sgu.edu/summeracademy or contact email@example.com.
Tuesday, November 29th 2016 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Workshop Room – Career Services Center 401 Academy Street
Perdue has been family-owned and operated since our company’s founding in 1920. Our growth and success have been guided by three generations of leaders passionate about quality, integrity and trust. Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products. Come learn about the paid internships that are available. Internships come with an attractive salary and possible housing option.
For more information visit: https://udel.joinhandshake.com/events/34838/share_preview
Interested in finding an internship with a zoo or aquarium? Check out this helpful newsletter, link below, with information about zoo’s and aquarium’s in the Northeast.
On November 14&15, 2016 CANR Distinguished Alumni Awardee (2013) and CANR Advisory Council member, Dr. Bernie Murphy will be on campus to meet with undergraduate and graduate students, as well as various CANR faculty.
If any students are interested in speaking with Dr. Murphy one on one, to discuss careers in the ag industry, resume/interview skills, research, etc., he will have open office hours in 107 Townsend Hall from 1:30pm-2:30pm and 4:45pm-5:30pm on Monday, November 14. There are no set times. Please stop by if you would like to speak with him about your work, career path, feedback, ideas, etc.
As President and CEO of the Jones-Hamilton Company, Dr. Murphy’s experience and network throughout the entire agricultural industry is extremely vast, making a discussion with him applicable across a variety of CANR program areas. Please take advantage of this unique opportunity to sit down and talk with one of our distinguished alumni!
BIO – Dr. Murphy received his Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from UD in 1975. He then went on to earn his Master of Science degree in Poultry Science from the University of Arkansas in 1978 and a Ph.D. in Poultry Products and Meat Science in 1986 from Iowa State University. Dr. Murphy has experienced a diverse career path, closely aligned with the poultry industry having managed business related to nutrition, primary genetics, processing, food safety, and air quality. He currently serves as President of the Jones-Hamilton Company (http://www.joneshamiltonag.com/). Jones-Hamilton has been a leader in producing, packaging and distributing chemicals and compounds for a variety of customers and end users since 1951. He has been instrumental in the development and ongoing support of the Jones-Hamilton Co. Environmental Research Poultry Facility at the University of Delaware’s Georgetown, DE campus.
To learn more about each of these seminars visit: ud-poultry-careers-seminar-information
Prepare for the Science, Technology and Engineering Career Fair
Monday, September 19th
Career Services Center Workshop Room
Come learn how to best prepare for the upcoming Science, Technology and Engineering Career Fair. Learn how to approach employers and the best way to communicate your skills. Open to Engineering, Technology, Health, and Science career communities.
Get your resume reviewed by the experts!
Prepare for the upcoming Fall Career & Internship Fair, September 21 & 22. Network with employers actively recruiting for job & internship opportunities!
Employer Resume Reviews for Environmental & Science Careers
Tuesday, September 13th
Career Services Center, 2nd Floor
Employer Participants: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Frontier Scientific, US Army Health Professions, or WuXi AppTec.
Dress: BUSINESS CASUAL
BRING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME!
*Follow these steps CAREFULLY to sign up for a 15-minute time slot:
1- Log into Handshake at https://udel.joinhandshake.com/
2- Click on the INTERVIEWS tab on the left hand side
3- In the keyword search, type in: Resume Reviews for Environmental & Science Careers
4- Click Apply
5- Click Continue (no need to upload your resume)
6- Select a time slot of your preference with the appropriate employer of the page and click on “Take Slot”. Please be sure to look at the Employer Name and majors requested. DO NOT sign up with an employer if you are not that major!
- Individual Tutoring. TutorFind Directory is now online! Undergraduate tutors are available for $12/hr; graduate tutors are $15/hr.
- Drop-In Tutoring. Two hours a day, five days a week, drop-in tutoring is available in math, chemistry and physics.
- Group Tutoring. Free group tutoring in a number of courses is offered each semester. Groups are formed in response to student requests.
STUDY SKILLS ASSISTANCE
- Workshops at the OAE. Check out the workshop schedule
- Online workshops: Your Roadmap to Success (http://www.udel.edu/AEC-workshop/). These workshops are designed to help you identify skill areas you need to improve in, to practice new techniques, and to evaluate your progress.
- Study Skills course (UNIV113). This one-credit pass/fail course includes comprehensive coverage of strategies for successful studying, which are then put to use in a concurrent “target class” of the student’s choice.
- Academic Intake appointments. Any student can meet with one of the OAE staff members to assess their current study strategies and develop a plan for strengthening those strategies. In particular, students in academic difficulty can benefit from this one-on-one academic counseling.
The OAE Newsletter provides a quick overview of our offerings, and for more details on OAE programs, visit our website.