Office of Equity & InclusionProviding leadership and support in creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive working and learning environment for all in our community. OEI is responsible for managing complaints of harassment and discrimination, affirmative action compliance, protection of minors on campus, and on-going education in all of these areas. Sexual Misconduct ReportDiscrimination Report
The Office of Equity and Inclusion strives to foster a more educated and accountable community at the University of Delaware.
The Office of Equity & Inclusion works to ensure that all members of its community, irrespective of their differences, are understood, respected and valued. OEI develops, promotes, and assesses an equitable, diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. To that end, OEI is responsible for:
- Managing complaints of harassment and discrimination under our anti-discrimination policies;
- Monitoring affirmative action compliance;
- Managing and monitoring the protection for minors on campus policies;
- Supporting university diversity initiatives, and the 9 diversity caucuses; and
- Providing on-going education and awareness for the campus community in all of these areas.
“[T]he more radical the person is, the more fully he or she enters into reality so that, knowing it better, he or she can transform it. This individual is not afraid to confront, to listen, to see the world unveiled. This person is not afraid to meet the people or to enter into a dialogue with them. This person does not consider himself or herself the proprietor of history or of all people, or the liberator of the oppressed; but he or she does commit himself or herself, within history, to fight at their side.”
-Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the OppressedAdam Foley, Ph.D.