Users MUST have an account created on sites.udel.edu before adding to your WordPress site.
- If they do not have an account, they must go to http://sites.udel.edu
- They will select Log in and provide their UDelNet ID and password. This will create an account in the WordPress database.
- Once they have a UD WordPress account, you, as site administrator, can add them as an existing user to your site:
- From your site’s Dashboard, select the Users menu, then select Add New.
- In the Add Existing User window, in the E-mail or Username text box, type the user’s complete UD email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Using the pull down menu, choose the correct role for the user:
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile. (More information)
- Select Add Existing User
- Repeat the steps above to add other users.
If you have a large number of users to add, contact the IT Support Center for assistance.