Adding New Users
NOTE: Users MUST have an account created on sites.udel.edu before they can be added to your WordPress site. (See Non existing user accounts section)
Existing user accounts on sites.udel.edu
Site administrators can add new users by following these steps.
- From your site’s Dashboard, select Users -> Add New.
- In the Add Existing User section, type the user’s complete UD email address (UDelNetID@udel.edu) in the the Email or Username field.
- Select the appropriate Role for the user. (See WordPress User Roles (external link) for more information.)
- Repeat steps to add additional users. If you require a large number of additional users, contact the IT Support Center (external link) for assistance.
Non existing user accounts on sites.udel.edu
Current faculty, staff, and students with a UDelNetID and password can create an account themselves.
- Navigate to https://sites.udel.edu.
- Click Log In at the top left of the window, enter your UDelNetID and password on the Shibboleth Authentication Service screen and click the Log In button. Submitting the form will automatically create a WordPress account.
- Once the user has been created in the database, notify your site administrator to have them add you as an existing user.
WordPress Guest Accounts
Retirees, alumni, part-time employees or students, and other guest users of WordPress will need a sponsored guest account to access WordPress.