The best jobs for the 21st century will be in the green economy, and the National Wildlife Federation’s EcoLeaders program is positioned to prepare the future sustainability workforce in collaboration with colleges and universities across the U.S. In order to prepare students for a rapidly shifting economies, colleges will need to ramp up sustainability education across all disciplines. Students and faculty need to understand local and regional job demands, professional credentials, and how to enhance students’ preparedness inside and outside the classroom.
NWF’s EcoCareer Conference 2017 (February 22-23) is designed to help. We will open the gates to our large array of leadership and career development resources for sustainability.
Please join us for this two-day virtual event on February 22 and 23, 2017 to hear from leading experts and learn more about:
- Finding well paid jobs in the clean economy
- Developing effective career plans
- Identifying top degree programs and project learning credentials
- Exploring online sustainability career skill resources
- Learning about resources to enhance academic offerings across all disciplines
- Interacting with others across fields interested in leading for a clean economy
National Wildlife Federation’s President and CEO Collin O’Mara will provide opening remarks for the conference. Collin comes to NWF from the state government of Delaware where he led the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control as Cabinet Secretary from 2009 through 2014.
Our morning keynote speaker will be Kevin Doyle, project manager and co-author, of popular books about environmental careers, including The ECO Guide to Careers That Make a Difference: Environmental Work for a Sustainable World, and The Complete Guide to Environmental Careers in the 21st Century.
Students: Registration is complimentary for all EcoLeader Community members! Registration for the EcoLeaders Program is also free!
Faculty and staff: Interested in providing this virtual conference to a class or student group? Group discounts are available!
Professionals from the leading organizations and businesses, will share insider knowledge on the latest EcoCareer trends and current employment demand across a variety of green career fields. These six fantastic, diverse speakers are just a sample of the engaging and informative lineup that is planned:
- Capri St. Vil: Capri is the Director of Education and Workforce Development at The Corps Network in DC, where she works with the Corps in identifying career pathways as well as postsecondary opportunities for their Corpsmembers.
- Makara Rumley: Makara is a Principal at Hummingbird Lawyers LLP, a firm that specializes in crisis management, community outreach, and environmental consulting. She was formerly Senior Advisor at the EPA, Region 4, where she advised the Administrator on State, Local, and Community Engagement.
- Mary Wright: Mary is Jobs for the Future’s Senior Director for Demand Side Engagement and Analytics. She helps low-skilled adults move into and through postsecondary education and on to careers that pay family-sustaining wages.
- Bridget Burnell: Bridget is the Global Manager of Environmental Sustainability Initiatives at General Motors, leading a team of experts in areas such as renewable energy, biodiversity, waste reduction, recycling and environmental outreach.
- Michael Gale: Michael participated in the 2014 cohort of the National Wildlife Federation’s Emerging Leaders Fellows program, and he is now is a Special Assistant for the S. Fish and Wildlife Service working on priority natural resource issues—his biggest project is to support the agency’s effort to save the Monarch butterfly.
- Rita Alison: As National Senior Manager for Environmental Sustainability, Ms. Alison elevates Aramark Higher Education’s environmental commitments while assisting accounts in developing unique sustainable solutions.