Rahmat Beheshti, PhD
I work in the area of Machine Learning and Health Data Science and direct the healthy lAife lab at UD. Having finished my
Future Students – I am looking for you! Read more.
3 representative publications:
- Flexible-Window Predictions on Electronic Health Records, Gupta et. al., IAAI 2022.
- Transformer-based Multi-target Regression on Electronic Health Records for Primordial Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, Poulain et. al., IEEE-BIBM 2021.
- Concurrent imputation and prediction on EHR data using bi-directional GANs, Gupta et. al., ACM-BCB 2021.
It is hard to keep up with machines! My Google Scholar page contains an up-to-date, full list of publications.
Postdoc – Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2015-18.
Ph.D. – Computer Science, University of Central Florida, 2011-15.
M.Sc. – Artificial Intelligence, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2008-11.
B.Sc. – Computer Software Engineering, Kharazmi University (fun fact), 2004-08.
Advanced Deep Learning (CISC 889) – Spring 2023.
Artificial Intelligence (CISC 481/681) – Fall (2018, 19, 20, 21, & 22) and Spring (2019, 20, 21, & 22).
Data Mining (CISC 483) – Fall 2022 and Spring 2022.
Human-Centered AI (CISC 889) – Spring 2021.
Complex Systems & Obesity (340.738.11) – Summer 2016 and 15 , Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Systems Science and Obesity – MOOC on Coursera
- NSF SBIR/STTR Panel, 2020.
- NSF III SMALL Panel, 2020.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) panel for the COVID-19 call
- Government of Canada’s Strategic Science Fund, 2022.
- CRA Undergraduate Research Awards Committee, 2022.
(PC members in top-tier CS conferences generally review 5-10 full papers in each round.)
- AAAI – Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, 2022, 21, 20 & 14.
- AAMAS – Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, 2021, 19, 18, 17 & 16.
- AMIA – American Medical Informatics Association, 2022, 21, 20 & 19.
- BCB – Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics, 2022 & 21.
- IJCAI – International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence, 2020, 19, 17 & 15.
- CCS – Conference on Complex Systems, 2020, 19, 18 & 17.
- CHIL – Conference on Health, Inference, and Learning, 2022 & 21.
- MLHC – Machine Learning for Healthcare, 2022 & 21.
- American Journal of Epidemiology
- BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making
- International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity
- International Journal of Medical Informatics
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Journal of AI and Society
- Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- Journal of Physical Activity & Health
- Journal of Medical Internet Research
- Journal of Nutrition
- Lancet Digital Health
- npj Digital Medicine
- Pattern Recognition Letters
Office: 414 Smith Hall, 18 Amstel Ave, Newark, DE 19716
Office Hours: (Fall 2022) Thursdays 2 – 3 PM, or by email