Rahmat Beheshti, PhD
I work in the area of Applied Machine Learning and Health Data Science and direct the healthy lAIfe lab at UD. Having finished my
Future Students – I am looking for you! Read more.
- Two new preprints – “Obesity Prediction using EHR Data: A deep learning approach with interpretable elements,” and “Time-series Imputation and Prediction with Bi-Directional Generative Adversarial Networks”.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation “Health Data for Action” award received, Link.
- COBRE (Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence) award received to study the links of obesity and CVD (P20GM113125-04).
Postdoc Trainee – Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2015-18.
Ph.D. – Computer Science, University of Central Florida, 2011-15 (Dissertation).
M.Sc. – Artificial Intelligence, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2008-11.
B.Sc. – Computer Software Engineering, Kharazmi University (fun fact), 2004-08.
Spring 2021 – Human-Centered AI (CISC 889).
Fall (2018, 19, and 20), Spring (2019, 20, and 21) – Artificial Intelligence (CISC 481/681)
Summer 2016 and 15 – Complex Systems & Obesity (340.738.11), Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
MOOC on Coursera – Systems Science and Obesity
- NSF SBIR/STTR Panel, 2020.
- NSF III SMALL Panel, 2020.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) panel for the COVID-19 call
(PC members in top-tier CS conferences generally review 5-10 full papers in each round.)
- AAAI – Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, 2021, 20 & 14.
- AAMAS – Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, 2021, 19, 18, 17 & 16.
- AMIA – American Medical Informatics Association, 2021, 20 & 19.
- BCB – Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics, 2021.
- IJCAI – International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence, 2020, 19, 17 & 15.
- CCS – Conference on Complex Systems, 2020, 19, 18 & 17.
- CHIL – Conference on Health, Inference, and Learning, 2021.
- MLHC – Machine Learning for Healthcare, 2021.
- American Journal of Epidemiology
- BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making
- International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity
- International Journal of Medical Informatics
- Journal of AI and Society
- Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
- Journal of Physical Activity & Health
- Journal of Medical Internet Research
- Journal of Nutrition
- Pattern Recognition Letters
Office: 414 Smith Hall, 18 Amstel Ave, Newark, DE 19716
Office Hours: (Fall 2020) Thursdays 3:15 – 4:15 PM, or by email