How to Apply
The Dare to BE FIRST REU is targeted at undergraduates in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) programs who are underrepresented minorities. Outstanding applicants from other groups will be also considered.
- Sophomore or junior in STEM program
- Cumulative GPA > 3.0
- US citizen, US national or permanent resident of the US
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have demonstrated an interest in biomechanical engineering through their curriculum choices or extracurricular activities
- an updated resume of applicant
- application form including preferred research area(s)
- an explanation (250 words) of why participating in undergraduate research is important to the student’s career goals
- letter of recommendation
- APPLY HERE – Applications will close on February 15, 2023
Students will submit a description (250 words) of the proposed research project related to the REU theme, written by the student, typically in collaboration with the matched faculty research advisor.