Ask IT: Support and Labs
Ask IT: Tech Service Desk in Smith Hall
In-person support is available at the Tech Service Desk in Smith Hall. Certain services may require an appointment.
Winter Hours: January 2 – February 4
Monday – Friday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday 10:00pm – 3:00pm
Closed MLK Day (January 15)
Spring Hours: February 5 – May 22
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Closed Easter Sunday (March 31), Spring Break hours March 23 – March 30 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Poster printing
- Computer repair
- Class software
- Printing to UD supported printers
- Limited computer hardware repair
Please enter the building through the northwest entrance facing Main Street across from 140 Smith.
The computing site and the scanning and printing services desk are located on the lower level. Enter using the atrium staircase. Rooms 002, 004, 006, 040.
Ask IT: Tech Bars
All tech bars are closed for the Winter Session 2024 and will reopen in Spring 2024.
Spring Hours (February 5 – May 22)
Mondays & Wednesdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Tuesdays 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursdays 5:00pm – 7:00pm
We can assist with issues such as:
- Connecting to eduroam Wi-Fi
- Accessing or downloading software for classes
- Office 365
- Troubleshooting 2FA and MFA authentication
- Basic Computer Troubleshooting
Smith Hall Computing Site
Operating on the same hours as our Tech Service Desk, the computing site in Smith Hall offers computers with class software, docking stations for your devices, and space to collaborate or hang out between classes. It is also a printer location for printing through PaperCut.
Software At Your Convenience
The University of Delaware offers Remote Computer Labs so that you can remotely use software needed to complete your work.
- Visit UDeploy for a list of software available through Remote Computer Labs.
- The software may be used for faculty and student classwork, but may not be used for research.
- You can access this service through a web browser or by using Microsoft’s Remote Desktop app to access the service.
- Fully matriculated UD students are eligible to use this service.
- Remote computers are a limited resource, it is important that you log out when you are finished working. Remote computers that are idle for a certain amount of time will automatically log off.
- To learn more about this service, see our Class Software service page.
IT Client Support and Services employs University of Delaware matriculated students to work in several of our support areas on a part-time basis. To be considered for a position, all potential candidates must complete an application through TalentLink.