Ask IT: Support and Labs
Ask IT: Tech Service Desk in Smith Hall
In-person support is available at the Tech Service Desk in Smith Hall. Certain services may require an appointment.
Summer Hours: May 27 – August 25
Monday – Friday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Closed
Closed Memorial Day (May 29), Juneteenth (June 19), Independence Day (July 4)
Fall Hours: August 23 – December 20
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Closed Labor Day (Sept. 5), Election Day (Nov. 8), Thanksgiving break (Nov. 24 – 27). Modified hours 10:00am – 4:00pm Welcome Days (Aug. 26 & 27) and 8:00am – 5:00pm Thanksgiving week (Nov. 21 – 23).
- Poster printing
- Computer repair
- Class software
- Printing to UD supported printers
- Limited computer hardware repair
Please enter the building through the northwest entrance facing Main Street across from 140 Smith.
The computing site and the scanning and printing services desk are located on the lower level. Enter using the atrium staircase. Rooms 002, 004, 006, 040.
Ask IT: Tech Bar
Welcome Back Support in Morris Library
Tuesday – Thursday — 8/29-8/31 and 9/5-9/7 — 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Trabant Tech Bar: September 5 – December 5
Tuesdays in Trabant
Morris Library Tech Bar: September 11 – December 20
Monday & Wednesday 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Smith Hall Computing Site
Operating on the same hours as our Tech Service Desk, the computing site in Smith Hall offers computers with class software, docking stations for your devices, and space to collaborate or hang out between classes. It is also a printer location for printing through PaperCut.
Software At Your Convenience
The University of Delaware offers Remote Computer Labs so that you can remotely use software needed to complete your work.
- Visit UDeploy for a list of software available through Remote Computer Labs.
- The software may be used for faculty and student classwork, but may not be used for research.
- You can access this service through a web browser or by using Microsoft’s Remote Desktop app to access the service.
- Fully matriculated UD students are eligible to use this service.
- Remote computers are a limited resource, it is important that you log out when you are finished working. Remote computers that are idle for a certain amount of time will automatically log off.
- To learn more about this service, see our Class Software service page.
IT Client Support and Services employs University of Delaware matriculated students to work in several of our support areas on a part-time basis. To be considered for a position, all potential candidates must complete the CS&S Job Application.