Thank you for your interest in the University of Delaware’s Upward Bound Classic program. Below you can find information about our application and selection process.
Step One – Complete Our Application (click here): UBC New Applicant
A selection of students from each target school will be selected based on application completion, content, & recommendations given by the school counselor. Remember all students in New Castle County have the opportunity to apply regardless of your high school.
- Online Applications – Once we have received your student application we will e-mail your guidance counselor and request a recommendation, most recent report card, state Assessments, and official transcripts.
- Printable Applications – Applicants should give the last page (counselor recommendation form) to their school counselor. The school counselor will then forward it to our office.
Completed applications will include the following:
- Completed Application
- Tax Information (Form 1040 (page 1 & 2) or parents may use this Financial Verification Form
- School Counselor Recommendation
- Grade Report
- State Assessment (if applicable)
*Submitted applications do not guarantee acceptance into the UBC program. If you are eligible, but not selected to be a participant or you have missing documentation, you will be placed on the waitlist.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL! We will email you every step of the process if we are missing any documentation.
- CHECK YOUR VOICEMAIL/TEXT! Please make sure you give a working phone number to receive important updates.
Interviews: The final selection of students will undergo an in-person or phone interview by Upward Bound program personnel. This is to get a better perspective of the applicant’s individual goals and to gauge the interest and commitment of the student.
- In-person interviews will be held at the student’s school and during the school day. This meeting will be scheduled by the UBC Coordinator and School Counseling office. Students will only be out of class 10-15 minutes.
- Interviews do NOT require students to dress up for the meeting.
Applicant’s Status: All newly accepted Upward Bound Classic Scholars will be notified of their application status via mail and e-mail. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact our office at Nafatari@udel.edu or by phone (302) 831-6667