SUMMER 2022 EMPLOYMENT
Residential Tutor Counselor Application
A Residential Tutor/Counselor (RTC) is also responsible for the well-being of Upward Bound Classic students. Mentoring, academic tutoring, and various types of supervision are all facets of this responsibility. For six weeks, except for weekends, the RTC is expected to keep close contact with the students in all aspects of community life.
The RTC enforces program rules and codes of behavior and is expected to respond to loud noises and nighttime emergencies. RTCs should report serious breaches of program rules to the proper administrator. RTCs must sleep and reside in the program’s dormitory and be available for nighttime emergencies as well. Mandatory training dates will be June 15 -17, 2022. The tentative dates for the program are June 21-July 29, 2022. Compensation: $2,000 stipend as well as room and board.
- Upper level academically successful college student (at least 45 credits earned)
- Cumulative grade point average above 3.00
- Knowledge of either Math (up to Calculus), Science (up to Physics), Foreign Language (Spanish and/or French), and Literature/Composition (Grammar, Syntax, etc.)
- Prefer college junior, senior or college graduate and/or prior resident advisor experience
- Previous experience in working with high school youth
- High level of maturity, motivation and responsibility
- Ability to work independently and is organized and dependable
- Demonstrates excellent communication skill
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must live in a residence hall with students from June 14 – July 29, 2022
- Must attend an orientation sessions for all staff – dates to be determined
- Will not work weekends or July 4th
RESPONSIBLE TO: Directly responsible to the Residential Director under the supervision of the Upward Bound Program Director and Program Coordinator.
SALARY: $2,000.00; also furnished room and meals while food service is available. APPLY BELOW
Position Title: Faculty
Dates: June 22—July 29, 2022 (Independence Day Holiday July 4th – No Classes)
Salary Range: $2,900-$3,200 depending on experience and the number of sections taught
Description and Qualifications
Seeking experienced Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Pre-calculus/Calculus, English Language Arts, Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science, and Physics teachers. The goal of our classes is to prepare first-generation, low-income, college-bound students for rigorous high school and college classes.
Classes meet June 22-July 22, 2022 with a required orientation most likely on (TBA). Classes meet for one hour per day, Mondays through Thursdays between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm, with some exceptions. We invite applications from teachers who have experience in and a commitment to teaching from a social justice framework. Some training and guidance will be provided. No teaching certification is needed but a minimum of two years of teaching experience is required.
Educators Interested in Teaching for Summer Academy 2022
EDUCATOR APPLICATION APPLY HERE: