Paula R. Klemm, PhD, RN
Director of Graduate Practice Programs
School of Nursing
303 McDowell Hall
Accepting PhD Students
Dr. Klemm is the Director of Graduate Practice Programs at the University of Delaware, School of Nursing. Her areas of research include psychosocial support for individuals with cancer, support for caregivers of people with chronic disease, and telephone support for people with cancer and their caregivers. She is currently the Project Director of a 3-year HRSA funded grant ( #D19HP269690100 Diefenbeck, Klemm, Inguito) to increase nursing workforce diversity.
- PhD, The Catholic University of America, Nursing Education
- MS, University of Maryland, Nursing Education
- BSN, Stony Brook University
- BA, Fredonia State College, Sociology
University of Delaware:
- Coordinator- NURS 412: Oncology Nursing, Multicult Perspec (MC)
- Instructor- NURS 460: Trans to Prof Nursing
- Coordinator- NURS 842: Curriculum Devel: PhD
- Coordinator- NURS 646: Adult –Gero II: CNS
- Special Topics Collection, Volume 33 Collection 3 (2015) Online application and telehealth for elders. Klemm, P., Hayes, E.R., Diefenbeck, C., Milcarek, B. (2014). Online Support for Employed Informal Caregivers: Psychosocial Outcomes, Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 31(1), 10-20. (Re-publication)
- Klemm, P., Hayes, E.R., Diefenbeck, C., Milcarek, B. (2014). Online Support for Employed Informal Caregivers: Psychosocial Outcomes, Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 31(1), 10-20.
- Diefenbeck, C., Klemm, P., Hayes, E. (2014). Emergence of Yalom’s therapeutic factors in a peer-led, asynchronous online support group for family caregivers. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 31(1),21-32 doi:10.3109/01612840.2013.836260
- Klemm, P., Rempusheski, V., Jurkovitz, C., Kolm, P., Zhang, W. (2014). A Telephone Helpline Assessment of Psychosocial Needs of Adults with Cancer Post Institute of Medicine (IOM) Recommendations. Open Journal of Nursing,4(11),797-807 10.4236/ojn.2014.411085
- Klemm, P., Hayes, E.R., Diefenbeck, C., Milcarek, B. (2014).Online Support for Employed Informal Caregivers: Psychosocial Outcomes, Computers, Informatics, Nursing 31(1), 10-20.
- Klemm, P. (2012). Effects of online support group format (moderated vs. peer-led) on depressive symptoms and extent of participation in women with breast cancer, Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 30(1), 9-18.
- Klemm, P. (2012). Conducting Nursing Research with Undergraduate Students: A Collaborative, Participatory Approach, Nurse Educator, 37(1), 10-11.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration. A Comprehensive, Multi-level Program to Enhance Nursing Workforce Diversity, 2014-2017.
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Mentoring (Nominated), University of Delaware, 2012