Welcome to the Blue Hen family!
We want to ensure family members of new students have the information, resources and support they need to help their Blue Hen thrive at UD and feel welcomed to our campus community.
The Family Orientation experience will include:
- Family Orientation emails leading up to spring semester
- A live virtual half-day orientation program on Friday, January 28, 2022 (times TBD) with your student
- Live Zoom information sessions about important topics, including housing, dining, student financial services and more, offered January 24 through February 4
Information and resources will be available to families of new students through the Blue Hen Family Hub. Family members whose students will be starting at UD in spring 2022 will receive an email invitation to join the Blue Hen Family Hub in December or January, at which time they will be able to access orientation content and a variety of other UD resources. You must sign up for the Blue Hen Family Hub in order to receive the weekly Family Orientation emails.
Your student can learn more about their NSO experience through the NSO portal within their My Blue Hen Home. The NSO portal will share details about each component of their NSO experience as well as registration forms for events, such as the live NSO program. More specific details about NSO for spring 2022 will be available by mid-November.
The entire Orientation and Transition Programs team is committed to making your orientation experience as meaningful as possible and to prepare your student to be a successful Blue Hen. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- New Student Checklist
- Banking, PNC
- 2021-22 Family Guide and Calendar [PDF]
- Newark Partnership Main Street Restaurant Map [PDF]
- Newark Restaurant Discounts for NSO 2021 [PDF]
- Housing, Student
- Understanding the Transition to College [PDF]
Additional links that may be helpful to your student during their transition to the University of Delaware can be found in the Resources section.
Keep in Touch
We’re excited that your student has chosen the University of Delaware, and hope you’ll keep in touch by subscribing to UDaily and signing up for the Blue Hen Family Hub. Details on Parents and Family Weekend, student successes, and new initiatives will be shared here throughout the year as well as through the UD Parent & Family Engagement site.
Families of students starting in fall 2021 will receive an email invitation to join the Blue Hen Family Hub in mid-June 2021.