These workshops will be virtual via Zoom with the first half of the meeting on Tuesday, December 8 and the second half of the meeting on Tuesday, December 15. On both days, choose the time that works best for you: 8-10 a.m. OR 6-8 p.m.
Tuesday, December 8 8-10 a.m. OR 6-8 p.m.
- Herbicide Resistance- What is It?
- Mechanisms of Action-How to Choose Herbicides
- Creating Effective Herbicide Plans
Tuesday, December 15 8-10 a.m. OR 6-8 p.m.
- Integrated Management of Palmer Amaranth, Common Ragweed, and Marestail
- Local Farmer Perspectives on Resistance Weed Management
- Putting It All Together: Creating a Weed Management Plan
Pesticide and CCA credits will be available for Delaware and Maryland.
Dr. Michael Flessner and Dr. Vijay Singh, Virginia Tech
Dr. Kurt Vollmer and Ben Beale, University of Maryland
Dr. Mark VanGessel, University of Delaware
Register at: https://go.umd.edu/IWM
Program materials including an IWM guide, factsheets on herbicide resistant weeds, identification guides, and a special “Fight Weeds” facemask will be mailed to each participant prior to the meeting. Please include a valid mailing address.